Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424140
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3555
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223768
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6739
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 352
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309508
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 565
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20217
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169143
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6262
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5736
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61111
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

***Help Needed***HP dv7-4190us Adapters/Whitelist
#1
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread... feel free to move if/where needed, mods.

I have an HP dv7-4190us laptop with a broadcom 4313 wireless adapter and I wanting to go to a different adapter that has both 2.4 and 5 Ghz capability (I know I will have to add an antenna, but that is for a different forum Big Grin). I have a couple questions about modifying the bios to deal with the white list problem, but first... I'm having a hard time deciding which adapter to buy as the replacement.

What specs need to be taken into consideration for a replacement besides size of adapter(I'm 99% sure mine is a mini PCI-e half)?
Are power consumption and exact freq range issues?

My laptop currently has the Insyde H20 F.13 bios on it so I am assuming the easiest method will be to use hspumanti's method to completely block my whitelist and install whatever card I decide on... unless I am missing something. Because I am at work, I am unable to download the Bios files and check to see if it is a 1MB or 2MB Bios and if this method will work or not.

It may be too early for this information, but I'll go ahead and get it out there in case it is needed later:

Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n

PCI/VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01
find
quote
#2
After a bit of reading, it seems like the two that come up the most are the Intel 5300 and the Atheros AR9280 ... does that about sum up my choices from people's experience?
find
quote
#3
This is that strange bios file thats 4.5mb but it can be modded using a backup (which has already been done by another member, TTAV134)

Here is the mod , i haven't tried it though

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/HP%200144...TAV134.zip

Try at your own risk!

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#4
(12-03-2010, 06:59 PM)1234s282 Wrote: This is that strange bios file thats 4.5mb but it can be modded using a backup (which has already been done by another member, TTAV134)

Here is the mod , i haven't tried it though

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/HP%200144...TAV134.zip

Try at your own risk!

Regards
Admin

Thank you for the response...

do you have any knowledge WRT the Intel 5300 vs. Broadcom 4322 vs. Atheros AR9280?
find
quote
#5
I attempted to install the backup that TTAV134 cooked, but had no luck. I was given an error that reads: "Error : Can not found sign file. The system BIOS will not be updated."


It also should be noted that since my post only a few days ago, HP has rolled out a new bios for my laptop: F.23. I have attempted to install TTAV134's over both the F.13 and the F.23, but it made no difference.
find
quote
#6
(12-14-2010, 09:55 AM)Trusstopher Wrote: I attempted to install the backup that TTAV134 cooked, but had no luck. I was given an error that reads: "Error : Can not found sign file. The system BIOS will not be updated."


It also should be noted that since my post only a few days ago, HP has rolled out a new bios for my laptop: F.23. I have attempted to install TTAV134's over both the F.13 and the F.23, but it made no difference.

don't use this package this solution doesnt work.
find
quote
#7
(12-14-2010, 10:17 AM)TTAV134 Wrote: don't use this package this solution doesnt work.

Is that to say that a full whitelist removal can't be done? What about adding an individual device to the whitelist? I have read a lot about editing the Phoenix as well as the typical Insyde Biosii, but I'm not sure if I can apply any of those methods here...
find
quote
#8
(12-14-2010, 12:09 PM)Trusstopher Wrote:
(12-14-2010, 10:17 AM)TTAV134 Wrote: don't use this package this solution doesnt work.

Is that to say that a full whitelist removal can't be done? What about adding an individual device to the whitelist? I have read a lot about editing the Phoenix as well as the typical Insyde Biosii, but I'm not sure if I can apply any of those methods here...

the problem is with the original HP bios file, it cannot be open or decompose by all known tools, i've tried with a dumped bios but that doest work.
find
quote
#9
(12-14-2010, 12:38 PM)TTAV134 Wrote: the problem is with the original HP bios file, it cannot be open or decompose by all known tools, i've tried with a dumped bios but that doest work.

As you can probably tell... I know very little about most of this, but I do understand what you are saying about being unable to decompose the Bios.

Am I correct in assuming this method would not work either?
find
quote
#10
(12-14-2010, 01:28 PM)Trusstopher Wrote:
(12-14-2010, 12:38 PM)TTAV134 Wrote: the problem is with the original HP bios file, it cannot be open or decompose by all known tools, i've tried with a dumped bios but that doest work.

As you can probably tell... I know very little about most of this, but I do understand what you are saying about being unable to decompose the Bios.

Am I correct in assuming this method would not work either?

cannot be mod for the moment, in future perhaps.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)