Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6418
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14050
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424581
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224923
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119214
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6821
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 444
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309848
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 661
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20322
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169450
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6394
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

Hi, BIOS trouble and could really use help
#1
Hi,

I was surfing the Internet and found a reference on Google to a thread on your site that seemed to deal with exactly the issue I am having and the same MoBo..

I have an HP Pavillion with an ASUS MoBo M2N68-LA and there is already a thread here about this very same Motherboard.

My issue is that I need to Re-Flash the BIOS but It must be from DOS and cannot be from Windows. The problem, as you guys probably already know, is that HP offers an EXE program which I suppose is a BIOS update wrapped in an auto installer? I'm not sure.
I don't suppose it's a zip (self-extracting exe file) that will give me the Bin file and installer if I unzip it is it ( I wish)?

If I could get JUST the binary BIOS update file I know where to get the Award Phoenix DOS flashing utility.

Is there a way to flash the BIOS on this MoBO without needing to boot up Windows?

Do you guys know where I could get a Binary BIOS update file for this MoBo ?
It doesn't even matter if it's the latest one or not.

Thanks a million if you can help me.
find
quote
#2
It is depending on your mainboards revision wich version of the BIOS is needed. And you are right, HP's update only wraps the binary code in their autoinstaller...
But it is kind of a spook to find a complete .ROM-file to update via awdflash (wich we provide here too)

I did a short research and I found 3 versions @ HP's website, none with a real .ROM... Sad
I wish you good luck in finding what you are searching, perhaps TheWiz or 1234s282 are a little bit further in these things!

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#3
(12-29-2010, 09:14 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: It is depending on your mainboards revision wich version of the BIOS is needed. And you are right, HP's update only wraps the binary code in their autoinstaller...
But it is kind of a spook to find a complete .ROM-file to update via awdflash (wich we provide here too)

I did a short research and I found 3 versions @ HP's website, none with a real .ROM... Sad
I wish you good luck in finding what you are searching, perhaps TheWiz or 1234s282 are a little bit further in these things!

Thanks MrTangoWhisky.
I'm beginning to feel the end of this MoBo is at hand.
I looked at the board and the BIOS appears to be the soldered on type, not replaceable like some Mobos. If there's no BIOS ROM or BIN files available, I guess the revision is irrelevant. Is there any way to go the other way? DOWNLOAD a copy of the current BIOS ----FROM the computer?

Hey...one other thing.....is it usually possible to replace the MoBo in the HP Pavillion computers with one off NewEgg or does HP make it so you HAVE to buy one direct from them?
find
quote
#4
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Universal...Backup.EXE

This works fine for Award and AMI bioses Smile

Admin
find
quote
#5
(12-30-2010, 05:50 AM)1234s282 Wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Universal...Backup.EXE

This works fine for Award and AMI bioses Smile

Admin

Thanks Mr. Admin.

If only I could get Windows to boot up on the machine so I could run this Cool

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)