Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 281
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55280
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40939
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64119
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 136
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 82
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52165
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167053
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6327
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125395
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317003
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

How To Clear NVRAM ? Please Help...
I got my hands on intel's technical guide for the board and here is what it says:

3.2 BIOS Flash Memory Organization
The Serial Peripheral Interface Flash Memory (SPI Flash) includes an 8 Mbit
(1024 KB) flash memory device.

so yes my backup should work !!! am I right ???

it also says:

The board uses an Intel BIOS that is stored in the Serial Peripheral Interface Flash
Memory (SPI Flash) and can be updated using a disk-based program. The SPI Flash
contains the BIOS Setup program, POST, the PCI auto-configuration utility, and Plug
and Play support.

what is a disk based program ??? do they mean a BIOS programmer ??? or a recovery using a storage disk ??

and one more thing, it says:

Legacy USB support enables USB devices to be used even when the operating
system’s USB drivers are not yet available. Legacy USB support is used to access the
BIOS Setup program, and to install an operating system that supports USB. By
default, Legacy USB support is set to Enabled.

so I think if I acquire a usb keyboard I can can settings in the bios !!! I hope I still have this option enabled !!! if nothing works I think I will ask a very close friend of mine if I may borrow his keyboard for a while !!! I think he will agree...
find
Many Bios Update are distribuited in an .iso format and CD installer to write the
update into Eeprm Chip !
Now We know that your laptop has an Intel CPU (so FPT working) and an Eeprom
Chip about 8192 KB size (SPI 25 probably) !
Hi friend,
use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the result fle :

http://rghost.net/58219938

let me know
Regards

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product...ard-DG41RQ

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
yes indeed my friend there are iso images !!! but they run a bootable linux image !!! and to boot from a CD or DVD I need to press any key on the keyboard which is not possible !!! thanks a lot any way... and btw this is a desktop not a laptop and yes BIOS CHIP size is 8192 KB I read that somewhere before and I got also the SPI where settings are saved of a size of 1024 KB... I will run the tool and report back !!

There is something named intel integrator toolkit !!! it is used to customize the BIOS !!! may this help us ???

This tool also immediately crashed when done reading the bios just at the time it was about to go to some directory it crashed !!!

the whole PC crashed in fact !!! got a total system freeze

so BDMaster, my friend... can I flash the 1024 KB backup image into my BIOS ???

btw I tried flashing the backup !!! no luck !!! the PC stayed looking for a valid bios image for ever so as I see it didn't accept this one !!! so I should search for another way to solve this problem !!!

also tried to contact intel to ask if they have left any trick to reset the BIOS and well the response was that I can not contact them at the moment !!! really bad luck !!!

man it is a miracle !!! my keyboard worked again !!! probably the image was flashed !!! thank god !!! thank god a lot !!! and thank u BDMaster for all ur help and effort and time u gave me man !!! u are the most awesome here on the whole website !!! finally !!! I can't believe it !!! god saved me !!! thank god !!! I really can't believe I made it !!! case closed man !!! any 1 who runs into that trouble can reflash his bios with a backup image !!!
finally wuhuhuhuhuhu....

man this has been like that for 5 days or maybe 4 can't really remember !! finally I made it !!! I should thank those who coded the universal BIOS backup toolkit !!!

even the time and date is good in my BIOS although I removed the CMOS battery many times !!! now this is the wierdest BIOS Mankind ever made !!! lol

and it failed again !!! seems like windows 8 is causing this problem cuz as soon as I booted to windows 8 the problem showed up again !!! gonna get it running again and reformat !!!

in fact I did 2 things !!! I enabled UEFI boot in the BIOS and saved settings then booted into windows 8
I also changed some settings in the past and booted into windows 8 !!!

so I don't know anymore if it is windows 8 that is causing the problem or if it is my BIOS whenever I change a setting and save it does this thing !!!
anyway gonna try what I tried previously by flashing the backup image !!! then I will, if it worked again, reformat to windows 7 !!!

and it didn't work with the second try !!! god [censored] it !!! now I need a new method to get this working !!! Ship !!

got it !!! worked again after windows crashed !!! well it appears and is confirmed now that windows 8 PRO doesn't play well with PS/2 keyboards !!! for some reason windows 8 pro writes some data related to boot up into my HDD that affects the way the BIOS realises the hardware or maybe it writes some data to somewhere it is not supposed to write them !!! any way the problem is confirmed !! windows 8 PRO is the reason to all who still have a PS/2 keyboard and a BIOS that writes to NVRAM, DON'T INSTALL WINDOWS 8 PRO CUZ IT MAY CAUSE HEADACHES.... I will try windows 10 when I get it and report back if it is good for this hardware or not !!! thanks a lot for ut help BDMaster... I will not forget how good u've been to me !!! u helped me before and here u helped me again... really thanks a bunch my friend !!! I don't hope u run into trouble, but I really hope that I can help u with something sometime... if u need any help ever my friend ask as soon !!! I am always there to help u if u need me !!! I might be useful in something !!!

Still with windows 7 -64bit the problem comes back !!! so I think it is more than just windows !!! it may be a hardware compatibility issue !!!
my mouse when plugged into windows it is recognized as an HID Mouse and HID keyboard !!! so maybe my BIOS realizes it as a keyboard when I plug it and disabled the PS/2 keyboard until I re-flash it again !!! so it is as I think hardware compatibility issue !!! and sorry for misleading any one !!! sorry for wasting ur precious time BDMaster !!! thanks a lot BDMaster for ur help in this, even though it was a hopeless issue !!! anyway gonna buy a USB keyboard and end this compatibility problem, need to get out of town to do so... but it is worth it !!! I reset BIOS to the factory defaults and the problem was still there... so I think it is from the update Intel released for this BIOS cuz after I updated many problems showed up !! the last one was the one with the keyboard !! fixed almost all of them still the keyboard issue will be fixed by replacing the PS/2 with a USB one... I think of getting an older version of that BIOS and downgrading it !! it may help with something !!!

Case closed... problem solved !!! the issue was a power supply.... a bad power supply !!! I have this old desktop with a really bad quality 450 watt PSU btw the brand is twin moss probably chinese or something !!! I really never heard of it !!! and to be honest I really didn't build the PC I bought it pre-built !!! so I am kinda screwed !!! I disassembled that old PSU and found a lot of capacitors faulty and leaking some brown stuff on the PCB !!! so I decided to buy a new PSU !!! and a USB keyboard as well it is useful to have one around !!! so no BIOS problem... sorry guy for posting here !!! I thought at first it was a bios problem !!! how idiot....

and one more thing this is for u BDMaster !!! the freeze I got in FPT was due to having my graphics in the Chipset !!! which caused many problems in the past a good reason why today manufacturers no more embed graphics into the chipset and they no more make a northbridge and southbridge to make things faster and more compatible !!! so the freeze was my chipset's fault !!! just wanted u to know in case u encounter this again in the future !!!
find