Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1800
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6423
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14057
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424591
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3664
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 353
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224966
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119220
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6823
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 448
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309858
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62012
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 666
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20327
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169462
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6403

How to replace a DELL 1545 BIOS with a DELL 1750 BIOS. Please read.
#1
Hi.

So my story is that my original DELL 1750 laptop's motherboard broke, and so I brought and replaced it with a DELL 1545 motherboard, which is the same, at half the cost!, however, the BIOS is actually not the same.

My issue is that the num lock keys do not work now because of the 1545 BIOS (The DELL 1545 model do not have num lock keys!, and further, there's no input when pressing them, at all)

So I'm seeking help replacing this 1545 BIOS with a 1750 BIOS. I see a couple of issues with this. One, I cannot download the BIOS separately, because it is inside a exe file, and so I cannot try to force flash it, which I saw the sticky about during?

You can download the 1750 BIOS from here:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/dk/d...ag/ckszrj1

Thanks for any help! :-)
find
quote
#2
You can extract the bios using "1750_A06.EXE /writeromfile" but I'm not responsible for any damage you can make.
find
quote
#3
(02-17-2013, 04:45 PM)Florin9doi Wrote: You can extract the bios using "1750_A06.EXE /writeromfile" but I'm not responsible for any damage you can make.

Thanks for the replay. I have extracted it successfully. :-)

Also, it's of course my own responsibility.

However, I'm confused about this part of the process, though.

Okay, so I have to enter 'PHLASH16 /S /X /FORCE' in DOS? Which doesn't make sense since how does that program know which BIOS, if multiple, to pick? Since the BIOS name > '1750_A06.rom' isn't included in that command? Should I rename it to = 'BIOS.WPH'?

Thanks!
find
quote
#4
BTW: Dxdiag states =

Phoienix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A14
find
quote
#5
(02-18-2013, 03:48 PM)Proxihat Wrote:
(02-17-2013, 04:45 PM)Florin9doi Wrote: You can extract the bios using "1750_A06.EXE /writeromfile" but I'm not responsible for any damage you can make.

Thanks for the replay. I have extracted it successfully. :-)

Also, it's of course my own responsibility.

However, I'm confused about this part of the process, though.

Okay, so I have to enter 'PHLASH16 /S /X /FORCE' in DOS? Which doesn't make sense since how does that program know which BIOS, if multiple, to pick? Since the BIOS name > '1750_A06.rom' isn't included in that command? Should I rename it to = 'BIOS.WPH'?

Thanks!

bump. I just need to know this last bit
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)