Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424467
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224539
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309727
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169323
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

Inspiron N7010 (17R) Request
#1
This is for a Dell Inspiron Notebook, the N7010. I want to be able to overclock it and do various other things that Dell has locked down. I spent my hard earned money on this laptop, I should be able to do as I please.
I know that overclocking a notebook is not recommended, but I'll take the risk myself. If it can't be modded to allow overclocking, any kind of mod that will enable any locked features would be appreciated as well.

Here is the latest updater and flasher from the Dell site: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/353710/Mods/7010_A11.EXE

And here are the files that are extracted to the temp folder when running said tool:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/353710/Mods/WinPhlash64.zip
find
quote
#2
Please post som pictures of what options you have in the bios at the moment , the setup emulator wont work on this one so i have to "Blindly" unlock options!

Admin
find
quote
#3
Ok sorry it took me so long to reply. I totally forgot about this post. Anyways, this is actually in the wrong section. Come to find out I have PheonixBIOS.
Here are the screenshots anyways:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/353710/Mods/BIOS/IMG_1394.JPG (Main - Top)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/353710/Mods/BIOS/IMG_1395.JPG (Main - Bottom)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/353710/Mods/BIOS/IMG_1396.JPG (Advanced)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/353710/Mods/BIOS/IMG_1397.JPG (Security)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/353710/Mods/BIOS/IMG_1398.JPG (Boot)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/353710/Mods/BIOS/IMG_1399.JPG (Exit)
find
quote
#4
Hi! In your second photo I see that the the RAM runs at 1066 Mhz. A month ago I bought the Dell Inspiron 17R N7010-4793. According to the instruction booklet that came with it, as well as the manufacturer's specifications, the RAM should be clocked at 1333 Mhz. However, when I check my system BIOS it shows that they're clocked at 1066 Mhz, just like in your photo and there doesn't seem to be a way to increase this value. It's not really important and I didn't bother to call Dell technical support and ask about this, but I'd like to ask if you know why this is happening. Are the specifications given by Dell wrong or maybe it's possible to somehow increase the RAM clock and bring it to 1333 Mhz?

Thank you in advance.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)