Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3536
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 201
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 157
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223627
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119088
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6729
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 344
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309470
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61894
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 559
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20208
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169119
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6253
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 759
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5729
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61093
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274929
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 877

Intel D975XBX2 Bad Axe 2 - microcode patch
#11
OK. I have free space for one more microcode with CPUID=06Fx for socket 775.
Please choose one from list: 06F2, 06F7, 06FB platform 01, 06FB platform 10, 06FD.
find
quote
#12
(03-25-2016, 03:41 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: OK. I have free space for one more microcode with CPUID=06Fx for socket 775.
Please choose one from list: 06F2, 06F7, 06FB platform 01, 06FB platform 10, 06FD.

Put the 06FB platform 10 if there's no other option - I've had a Q6600 (donated to a friend) so I wouldn't be able to test it.
The 06FB platform 40 would be the one that I need (the xeon E5335) and it's the same size.

One question - would the platform 80 version work or is that only for mobiles ?
find
quote
#13
I've made BIOS mod.
Please don't flash it, but verify it by iflash:
iflash /v BX2838P.BIO
P.S. 06FB platform 80 is only for mobile CPU.
find
quote
#14
(03-25-2016, 04:05 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I've made BIOS mod.
Please don't flash it, but verify it by iflash:
iflash /v BX2838P.BIO
P.S. 06FB platform 80 is only for mobile CPU.

iflash just says :

Intel Flash Memory Update Utility Part 643643-060

nothing else

It goes the same with an original bios (no message)

tried to flash it :

iflash /md /pf bx2838p.bio - unsuccessfull

from within iflash - unsuccessfull (it identifies correctly the version/build etc.) gives the same version error.

flashed an older version first with and without reboot, and tried again - unsuccessful.

I see you've injected the new microcode but you didn't mod the checksums (last 2 bytes - E7 98 in our case) and the bytes that I presume are some sort of checksum from the microcode block header (18 67)

My findings so far :
ucode block header :
0E AF 0B 14 12 8D 8F 47 A0 B4 17 B9 B7 B5 CE ED - this doesn't change between versions. ie: 2836 has the same ucode block as 2838, 2813 is larger
18 67 01 41 1A F0 00 F8 : the part that matters (i think) :

the block ends with 2 bytes (after the last ucode) : E7 98

chk8 of the entire data - is 99. they put 98 (last byte).
not(98) = 67 (see header) -> 18th byte

The 17th byte (18) here would be :

not (chk8 ( 0E AF 0B 14 12 8D 8F 47 A0 B4 17 B9 B7 B5 CE ED 00 00 01 41 1A F0 00 )) + 1 - notice 17th and 18th zeroed and not including the 24th (F8).
I reckon F8 is some status that can change and it's not counted in the checksum.

The penultimate byte (E7) = not (18) -> the 17th byte.

I've checked this theory with another ucode block (ie: from 2813) and it stands.

To test my theory, I've just updated the microcode for the running cpu (c2d e6600 - 06f6), and modded the checksums (also tried without ) but couldn't flash.
I've put the ucode block back (tried as a file or just body) using uefitool.

None could be flashed - ergo the thread.
find
quote
#15
I need a foto with error on flashing mod.
find
quote
#16
Here it is :

   
find
quote
#17
In order to keep thing simple and to be able to test, just replace 06f6 platform 01 (bios is CB version, latest is D0).

The issue here is to be able to mod the bios and make it flash Wink
find
quote
#18
Thx! I forgot about three checksums. I've made new version of mod BIOS.
Please check.
find
quote
#19
(03-25-2016, 05:54 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Thx! I forgot about three checksums. I've made new version of mod BIOS.
Please check.

nope, didn't work.

Error : Flash update was unsuccessful (same as before)
find
quote
#20
Did you try to reflash native BIOS (2838) with iflash?
Try another syntax:
iflash /f /p BX2838P.BIO
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)