Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3536
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 201
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 157
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223627
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119088
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6729
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 344
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309470
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61894
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 559
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20208
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169119
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6253
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 759
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5729
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61093
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274929
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 877

Intel D975XBX2 Bad Axe 2 - microcode patch
#31
Windows load needed microcode.
find
quote
#32
(03-25-2016, 01:36 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Windows load needed microcode.

Well, If I'd agree completely , I wouldn't be able to write this. It's a Win 10, btw.

The capture from registry I've put in to show that there is no microcode loaded prior to the one loaded by the OS (version 00).
The only difference from e5300 with 1067Ah cpuid is that the bios recognizes the 06FBh cpuid for the Xeon.
For the E5300, in the dmesg logs, I've found similar messages : microcode updated from version 00 to xx.
find
quote
#33
(03-26-2016, 12:01 AM)mgabi Wrote: The only difference from e5300 with 1067Ah cpuid is that the bios recognizes the 06FBh cpuid for the Xeon.
No, you are wrong. As I explained, BIOS don't recognize CPIUD for your Xeon cause the platform is different.
You can try to disable all power saving in BIOS to boot Windows with E5300.
Or use Intel BIOS Implementation Test Suite to load microcode before Windows start. Tip: boot BITS in non-EFI mode, use syslinux to make usb device bootable.
find
quote
#34
I'll give it a shot, sounds interesting. The board doesn't support efi boot anyway.
It only boots mbr partitioned.
I've tried a hdd with GPT (win8) and no go.

The "recognizing" part : In configuration mode, the bios shows cpuid and loaded microcode version.

It shows 06FB for cpuid but 00 for ucode.

LE: should we put some info on the confirmed section (with the proper notes) : no ucode loaded after post, bsel mod => max 1066 fsb at boot ?
Otherwise, the board can go above 1333FSB (as expected) - I've clocked the cpu at 6x350 (2,1) with the voltage lowered to the minimum allowed in bios 1,285V, and it seems stable (well it's only been 12h).
find
quote
#35
(03-26-2016, 07:22 AM)mgabi Wrote: It shows 06FB for cpuid but 00 for ucode.
LE: should we put some info on the confirmed section (with the proper notes) : no ucode loaded after post, bsel mod => max 1066 fsb at boot ?
As I told - no microcode loads. BIOS will show correct CPUID for E5300 too.
About "confirmed section": I think it's senseless here. This forum about BIOS modding and we can't make a mod of this BIOS.

Update: I've tested BITS on my computer - it works.
Just coping latest microcode.dat (from Intel site) to /boot/mcu, boot with BITS and go to Start menu->Configure Menu->Load microcode. Then return to first menu and press Boot first drive MBR.
I used small old version (295).
find
quote
#36
I need a bios with updated microcodes as well. I'm running a c2d e7500 @1.6ghz instead of 2.93. I'll try to flash it this weekend and let you know of it works
find
quote
#37
andreim4
Is D975XBX2 your motherboard?
find
quote
#38
Yes. I haven't got around to try and flash the BIOS you posted. Pretty crazy schedule.
find
quote
#39
Unfortunately BIOS for this motherboard is unmoddable.
But you can load the microcode by BITS, as I wrote.
find
quote
#40
That's a bummer. I read your post but I'm not sure that is going to help me. My computer runs OK but the speed is 1.6ghz. I'm not having issues with Windows not loading
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)