Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6402
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424546
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3653
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224766
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119204
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6815
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309809
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169425
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

L45-S7423 cpu upgrade and chipset wierdness
#1
I decided to take this thing apart down to the motherboard so I can get an idea what it take to do a cpu swap. pretty easy takeapart next to some other ones i've done

I used MMtools to look at the 1.60 and 2.00 bios and it shows a microcode for the release date of the T7300. I'm guessing anyways. oh well I spent $10/free shipping on ebay for a SLA45

One thing about this top is its listed under toshiba as having a max of 2gb of ram, well I have a 1gb and 2gb stick in it and it works fine. but it is having some trouble with the 2gb stick in alot A, windows won't boot, memtest fails to even try to start.

with the 2gb stick in slot b and 1gb in slot A, it works great, memtest runs fine. what do you guys think?

further research has come up with the GL960 as supporting 2GB and a 533max bus, and a 965G supporting 4gb /w a 667 bus

CPU-Z shows me to have a 965GM graphics but a GL960 chipset

I have 3 gigs, and cpu-z (and bios) show it to be in dual channel, and memtest shows up 3gb without errors

So I learned this is called "L shaped" dual channel. This can only mean that this is the 965 chipset (none of my research pointed to the GL960 being capable of this), which probably means it can take 4gb, but it can only take a 667 fsb chip. The 7300 is an 800fsb chip so I kinda screwed up there

here are the codes reported by mmtool (attachment)    

I think 06fa is the T7300, the 661 is a celeron M

so the chipset can't take an 800fsb processor (can it? I know net burst could never take higher fsb chips and actually operate them-but these are core based chips)

does anyone know how I could insert another chip id into the bios file? even a 667 c2d or higher PDC?

I don't do much bios modding. I already have win7 on the thing and its working fairly well. needs a battery BADLY. What do you think of those generic batteries on ebay. I found some generic extended 5200mah for about the same prices of original toshiba 4400mah's (laptops original is 4000)

tell me what you guys think

spanks
paul
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)