Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1816
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6429
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14059
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424601
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3666
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 335
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225008
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119225
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 306
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6825
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 452
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309868
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62015
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 670
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20331
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169468
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6407

LG A530-D bios uefi, thermal control, menu unlock
#1
Hi!

I'm getting upset with my LG bios, but I found this forum and maybe solve my problems.

I have an LG A530-D.AE50A2 laptop computer, with InsydeH2O bios completely locked. There's not much in the bios that's possible to change except for the very basics. The problem is that the CPU seems to run on a temperature that is just on the edge of the cooling fan's activation limits, so it keeps revving up and down all that time, and that's very annoying. Tried sending it back for a technical review, but the technician said everything seems to be normal. I've heard other people complaining about this issue with the A530. Nor can I enable UEFI and various other options.

So I'd like an unlocked menu to be able to tweak the cooling fan's temperature range to keep it running constantly, instead of varying speed, that's all I need really. I don't mind the noise, as long as it runs cooler and more constantly. If it's possible to do it, i'd be very very happy! And it would work for other A530 owners as well.

The latest BIOS version is QLMLV111, it can be found in this page under the Drivers & Software tab (filename QLMLV111.zip)

According to Phoenix Tool, it is not RSA signed.

BIOS sreenshots:

Photos of this same topic, but the picture is the sixth version of the bios QLMLV111.

My problem is similar to the problem of this guy's topic, I was not sure if it would be the same solution, after the BIOS has different version. I hope he does not mind that I use it a part of the topic.


Thank you for your attention.
find
quote
#2
(05-01-2012, 03:55 PM)3ds Wrote: Hi!

I'm getting upset with my LG bios, but I found this forum and maybe solve my problems.

I have an LG A530-D.AE50A2 laptop computer, with InsydeH2O bios completely locked. There's not much in the bios that's possible to change except for the very basics. The problem is that the CPU seems to run on a temperature that is just on the edge of the cooling fan's activation limits, so it keeps revving up and down all that time, and that's very annoying. Tried sending it back for a technical review, but the technician said everything seems to be normal. I've heard other people complaining about this issue with the A530. Nor can I enable UEFI and various other options.

So I'd like an unlocked menu to be able to tweak the cooling fan's temperature range to keep it running constantly, instead of varying speed, that's all I need really. I don't mind the noise, as long as it runs cooler and more constantly. If it's possible to do it, i'd be very very happy! And it would work for other A530 owners as well.

The latest BIOS version is QLMLV111, it can be found in this page under the Drivers & Software tab (filename QLMLV111.zip)

According to Phoenix Tool, it is not RSA signed.

BIOS sreenshots:

Photos of this same topic, but the picture is the sixth version of the bios QLMLV111.

My problem is similar to the problem of this guy's topic, I was not sure if it would be the same solution, after the BIOS has different version. I hope he does not mind that I use it a part of the topic.


Thank you for your attention.

I need the same thing! Big Grin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)