Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 66
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424303
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3592
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224170
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119148
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6769
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 380
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309631
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61947
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 602
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20255
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169209
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6309
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 803
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5771
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61161

Lenovo B590 unlock the checking original battery
#41
You just need Linux to execute the script, basically:

Code:
wget https://github.com/leecher1337/thinkpad-Lx30-ec/archive/refs/heads/main.zip
unzip main.zip
rm main.zip
cd thinkpad-Lx30-ec-main/fwpat
./patchui.sh patchdump B590 bat /path/to/LENOVO-H9ET92WW\(1.29\).rom



 but anyways, find patched BIOS attached.


Attached Files
.zip   LENOVO-H9ET92WW(1.29).zip (Size: 2.28 MB / Downloads: 12)
find
quote
#42
Hello, i need to modify the BIOS for generic battery. It's Possible.
i read 25q64cv with external programmer.
someone who help me.

thanks in advance


Attached Files
.zip   h1et85ww.zip (Size: 2.64 MB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#43
(05-28-2026, 02:37 PM)potencia Wrote: Hello, i need to modify the BIOS for generic battery. It's Possible.
i read 25q64cv with external programmer.
someone who help me.

thanks in advance

Your dump is just BIOS, but we need to patch the Embedded controller, I guess you dumped the wrong chip. The 4MB should be the one that contains EC firmware.
https://xor.co.za/post/2021-10-17-lenovo-b590/
find
quote
#44
ok thanks for all i read the other chip 25q32 and i modify manually with hex editor and now work perfect.
thanks for the help and the work.
thats modify is permanently??
thanks for all
[/quote]
find
quote
#45
Hey all. I have an old Lenovo B590 model 20208 with BIOS version H5ET85WW(1.23). I am upgrading it and giving to a friend who needs a laptop. I bought a new CPU, RAM, am donating an old SSD I had lying around, etc. I also bought a new Intel 7260 wifi card from eBay and a new battery too.... this is where the trouble started.

Battery won't charge (getting the dreaded non-genuine message) and the wifi card won't work.

Can someone please help me get me them working??

I downloaded the Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0 from Majorgeeks and made a BIOS dump (attached to this message). Please let me know how to install. I am more than happy to donate for your time and for your assistance!!


Attached Files
.zip   LENOVO-H5ET85WW(1.23).zip (Size: 2.34 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#46
(05-30-2026, 12:03 AM)potencia Wrote: thats modify is permanently??
Yes, it is :-)
find
quote
#47
(06-03-2026, 05:26 AM)jlaroche Wrote: Hey all. I have an old Lenovo B590 model 20208 with BIOS version H5ET85WW(1.23). I am upgrading it and giving to a friend who needs a laptop. I bought a new CPU, RAM, am donating an old SSD I had lying around, etc. I also bought a new Intel 7260 wifi card from eBay and a new battery too.... this is where the trouble started.

Battery won't charge (getting the dreaded non-genuine message) and the wifi card won't work.

Can someone please help me get me them working??

I downloaded the Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0 from Majorgeeks and made a BIOS dump (attached to this message). Please let me know how to install. I am more than happy to donate for your time and for your assistance!!

I don't know how to whitelist WiFI card, you may need to ask in the appropriate thread, but I attached the patched version of the image that you supplied.
If I remember correctly, the B590 is a bit stubborn to patch via Software, so people usually use a chip clip to read and flash it.
As I don't own such a machine, I was never able to try out if it can be flashed with normal BIOS upgrade software, there is a thread where I made some proposal, but I never got feedback on whether it works or not: https://github.com/hamishcoleman/thinkpad-ec/issues/227
So you may need to experiment yourself.

If you are too afraid to try a permanent patch, you can also try the risk-free non-permanent patch that only works as long as the embedded controller is powered, but it has to be redone every time EC power is lost (i.e. Battery disconected and not connected to power supply):
https://github.com/leecher1337/thinkpad-Lx30-ec


Attached Files
.zip   LENOVO-H5ET85WW(1.23)patched.zip (Size: 2.34 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#48
Hello, I am looking for the latest BIOS .bin file for my Lenovo B590 (20208) laptop. Does anyone have it? I will flash it using a CH341A programmer.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)