Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424437
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224466
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119166
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309706
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61960
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20275
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169269
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6343
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61197

Lenovo T450s bios/supervisor password (help needed, will donate)
#1
Hello,

A complete beginner here so I am sorry if I say or ask something stupid.
Recently I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad T450s 20BW. When I tried to access the BIOS settings I realized I need a supervisor password to access BIOS. I don't have the papers that came with the laptop and I don't remember the password. If I just press Enter I can access the BIOS settings but many options there I can't modify. I read somewhere I can try to unplug the CMOS battery and regular battery. After trying that I am in even more trouble because now I have Error 0271 - Check Date and Time Settings on the screen when I turn on the laptop. I spoke to Lenovo support since my laptop is still under warranty but they want to replace the motherboard which is insanely expensive. I was told my laptop is a newer generation of Lenovo laptops that store the supervisor password differently comparing to older models and resetting the EEPROM chip using jumper method will not work. I was also told the supervisor password can be recovered or reset with the help from the people here if I have the dump from the BIOS chip. 
Anybody here can help? Willing to donate if my laptop is fixed.
Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#2
(06-18-2016, 12:02 PM)barbus Wrote: Hello,

A complete beginner here so I am sorry if I say or ask something stupid.
Recently I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad T450s 20BW. When I tried to access the BIOS settings I realized I need a supervisor password to access BIOS. I don't have the papers that came with the laptop and I don't remember the password. If I just press Enter I can access the BIOS settings but many options there I can't modify. I read somewhere I can try to unplug the CMOS battery and regular battery. After trying that I am in even more trouble because now I have Error 0271 - Check Date and Time Settings on the screen when I turn on the laptop. I spoke to Lenovo support since my laptop is still under warranty but they want to replace the motherboard which is insanely expensive. I was told my laptop is a newer generation of Lenovo laptops that store the supervisor password differently comparing to older models and resetting the EEPROM chip using jumper method will not work. I was also told the supervisor password can be recovered or reset with the help from the people here if I have the dump from the BIOS chip. 
Anybody here can help? Willing to donate if my laptop is fixed.
Thanks in advance.

Hey, did you get this resolved?
find
quote
#3
Hello !

I'm sorry in advance for my bad language.. but i'm just a french boy xD.

So, i think that my curiosity has been cost me expensive..

I wanted dump my bios on my Lenovo T450 like " barbus " the dump is ok with my usb programmer CH341A,
the problem is, when i flash or replace the backup bin file in my chip bios ( winbond ), the t450 lock on black screen ..
If anyone can help me or give me information about my flash.. i will thank him.
i would tell you that i have unplug battery ( the both ), Cmos battery, and RAM during the dump and flash bios.
i wish i will understand my text.
sorry and thks in advance.

ps: i can give you my dump file if you want to analyse it .. thks again.
find
quote
#4
Hi,
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s with supervisor password. Can anyone help me.
Below is the bios dump file extracted from the laptop.
Thank you in advance.
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)