Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6358
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424484
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224597
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61970
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20282
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169349
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Lenovo T530 update bios failed
#1
Hi, I hope someone can help me with my problem. I tried o update bios to Lenovo T530 type 2392-38G because it appeared a message that "battery not fit for this model" . I downloaded bios update from official site. After 2nd restart I didn't have image on screen and all leds went off, I let it for 15 minutes on and nothing happened. 
This is the link for bios update I used: 
http://support.lenovo.com/ro/ro/products...s/DS029246

I managed to recover some files from HDD, I think there are back-up for old bios, there is a $01D5100.FL1 file of 8.4MB and $01D5100.FL2 of 12.7MB.
Please help me with a bios file, I can use a programmer to write on bios chipset. 
Thank you.
find
quote
#2
Hi mate,
I can say that into the Original Bios We can find only the Bios Region and It's 4096 KB so I can give
my files about version A2 (2.62) then We have to replace your DMI Data into !
If You get the Tools (SPI PGM + Clip) then read both Eeprom Chips on MoBo . . .

--- Flash Devices Found ---
MX25L6405D ID:0xC22017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)
MX25L3205D ID:0xC22016 Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)

And upload the Full Dump Firmware here and I will check about It !
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
(12-08-2015, 05:20 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Hi mate,
I can say that into the Original Bios We can find only the Bios Region and It's 4096 KB so I can give
my files about version A2 (2.62) then We have to replace your DMI Data into !
If You get the Tools (SPI PGM + Clip) then read both Eeprom Chips on MoBo . . .

--- Flash Devices Found ---
MX25L6405D ID:0xC22017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)
MX25L3205D ID:0xC22016 Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)

And upload the Full Dump Firmware here and I will check about It !
Let me know
Regards

Thank you for your help. I had read chipsets with GQ-4X and here are the results. I hope you can help me further and also maybe you can help me with battery problem (I guess is also a bios problem).


Attached Files
.bin   25L3206E.bin (Size: 4 MB / Downloads: 23)
.bin   25L6406E.bin (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 17)
find
quote
#4
Here You go :

https://www.sendspace.com/file/p3mz8x

Let me know
Regards

P.S. Just flash the bios Region . . .

Donate to me for my work and time . . . look into my Signature Wink

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
Hi again.
 Thanks for your help, unfortunately it didn't work with the file you sent me. However I managed to find a solution: after hours of search on this site I have found a post of delta9 user where it was a backup.bin file attached. I wrote that file into MX25L3206 with a programmer and it worked! After that I tried to read SPI chipsets with backup_tools 12.2 and I got an error "Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space". So, I patched the backup.bin as you described in the same post (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...val?page=3) and re-write MX25L3206 with the programmer. Now I have 5 beeps -pause-5 beeps at start (I understand that if I disable Security chip I will not have this problem) and a lot of features unlocked in BIOS. However, it didn't solve the problem with the battery, "the battery instaled is not supported and will not charge", I don't know if I have to modify something in ACPI Features from BIOS. Any ideas?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#6
@volinakis
How did you flash a working bios? I have the same problem as you, but no clue how I am going to get a new biso on my T420...
find
quote
#7
(12-25-2015, 06:00 PM)Aquatuner Wrote: @volinakis
How did you flash a working bios? I have the same problem as you, but no clue how I am going to get a new biso on my T420...

Hi, 
I used a GQ-4X programmer - I did desolder bios chipset from motherboard in order to write it with GQ-4X with the file I found it  on bos-mods . In your case, you have to find a similar bios file with the model you have (T420 type xxxx-[censored]) from someone who did a bios backup of his T420 laptop. Unforunately I don't have a T420 bios backup to help you, ask  on the forum maybe someone can help you, especially BDMaster, he's the lenovo whisperer Smile . After you write bios chipset and laptop works, you can edit machine type and SN with NbDmiFit-2-1.04    (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0no2Pq-...ef=2&pli=1 )

I found this T420 bios file on this forum, you can try it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqmqtgoihs8oj20/LENOVO-83ET74WW(1.44).rom?dl=0 
Best of luck!
find
quote
#8
Okay, thanks a lot! I have no clue what I'll need in order to flash a new Bios to the Ec, is there a wiki or something? I am living in Germany and stuff from Hong-Kong or the UK will need really much time for shipping, do you think it'll also work with on of these: http://www.ebay.de/itm/380557812880?ssPa...1436.l2649 or http://www.ebay.de/itm/401043079751?ssPa...1436.l2649 ?
find
quote
#9
(12-26-2015, 05:39 AM)Aquatuner Wrote: Okay, thanks a lot! I have no clue what I'll need in order to flash a new Bios to the Ec, is there a wiki or something? I am living in Germany and stuff from Hong-Kong or the UK will need really much time for shipping, do you think it'll also work with on of these: http://www.ebay.de/itm/380557812880?ssPa...1436.l2649 or http://www.ebay.de/itm/401043079751?ssPa...1436.l2649 ?

it will works with 1st but you need a SOIC8 adapter or clamps from 2nd link. 2nd one is just a clamp and interface for use together with eeporm programmer in order to read/write bios chipset without desoldering from mainboard. You can also use a cheaper CH341A programmer toghether with the clamps from 2nd link. (search on ebay for CH341A but first see what bios chipset you have onboard to be sure is supported by programmer). 
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)