Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104591
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8481
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8163
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14341
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425534
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3838
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 528
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227470
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119626
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6994
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310559
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

Lenovo U410 - Reflash / Fix broken BIOS
#1
Hey there,

I am starting this thread because you (as an experienced community) are probably my last hope to revive my U410 I recently tried to update with a newer BIOS version.

Originally I planned to utilize a better ac adapter (Intel 7260) to replace my old atheros WiFI. After the first assembly I got the known error that the device could not be varified by the BIOS. In the following I went back to the old adapter and (foolishly) tried my luck with the newest manufacturer release of the BIOS. The old version was the 65CN21WW, the newer one is the 65CN99WW which I downloaded as an executable for Win7 x64. When starting the client I hit the backup + flash button and waited for the laptop to reboot. When the boot procedure began I directly entered the BIOS config to see whether the changes were applied. Unfortunately I had to observe that the device identity had changed from U410 to U310!

Thus, as far as I can tell, the client has failed to install the proper BIOS version which lleads me to the issue that the notebook cannot boot in UEFI mode (with flashmode enabled) anymore. On startup I can only see the Win7 logo, then the PC freezes and reboots.
In pure Legacy mode I can still boot into the system. Some of the Lenovo software functionality are (of course) broken but otherwise the computer runs mostly fine. But on the other hand I am not able to reflash the BIOS due to the UEFI mode + flashmode being disabled ("Only secured capsule is allowed on a SecureFlash system").

At this point I am not quite sure whether the comuter can be fixed at all (or at least: not that easily) because I cannot boot in UEFI mode. All my latest attempts with a USB drives and the W7 installation disc lead to freezes or errors. When starting in UEFI mode, the startup of the disc freezes (just like when booting the system). When trying to install a new system (on another hard drive) via Legacy mode the progress appears to run at first. But when finalizing the installation Windows recognizes a incompatibility and cancels the process... rebooting leads to the same issue.

I have also tried some scripts that flash a modified 65CN99WW via usb DOS but they all fail at some point. Via Legacy they possibly cannot write iin flashmode. And I could not find any working usb scripts so far that work in UEFI mode. There was only an older (kinda dubios) post in another forum which I tried in my dispair. The package does even allow me to start via usb in UEFI mode but spits out an error when trying to flash resp. loading the image ("PFlash: Read file error – 65CN99WW_v10.CAP").

Well then,
do you think there is any chance to flash a working BIOS that restores the U410 device status?
Before contacting a local lenovo partner that might charge a fortune for a fix (reflash with default BIOS) or who might even fail to find a solution for this issue I wanted initiate another thread, hoping for you help. Needless to say I am also willing to offer an appropriate donation in case a user takes his or her time to help me out of this misery (as far as the forum allows such private agreements ).

Best Regards,
G.O.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)