Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 85
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424350
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3603
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 294
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224312
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119157
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 268
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6775
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309661
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61951
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 609
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20265
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169242
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6322
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 812
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5781
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61178

Lenovo Y50-70 soft bricked.
#1
Hi, guys!
I had a whitelisted bios + advanced menu and unlocked vbios for lenovo y50-70 touch. Today I decided to undervolt the cpu in the advanced / overclocking tab in the bios. I tested -90mv stable in windows, but when i applied -70mv in bios and hit F10 and saved, the laptop shut down and never wants to get to the POST screen. I tried disconnecting the bios battery, main battery swapping ram, holding power on when everything above disconnected - still nothing after multiple attempts. (I never tried to disconnect the SSD, but I dont think it would make any difference). After all these attempts, I also tried to start the laptop and leave it for 1 hr - nothing. Looks like my settings have been "programmed" into the chip?!. When I start the computer the keyboard is on (caps lock / num lock dont respond with the little light indicator). Cpu & GPU under the heatpipes are hot after 1 hour of "trying to boot" operation. Any ideas how to fix that problem?
Thank you very much!
find
quote
#2
8821

1, copy ZIVY2.bin files to the U packing list and ensure no suffix in the directory name to bin the relevant documents (U disk formatted as fat or FAT32, no guide information)
2, shut down and unplug the battery, power adapter
3, insert U disk
4, do not put down the FN+R hotkey
5, insert power adapter
6, starting
7, the release of FN+R hotkey
8, the system automatically, until the end of the sound, the system will automatically restart and normal boot (this process must not be cut off!)

http://rghost.net/6GTp99xS8

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
(12-29-2015, 07:38 AM)BDMaster Wrote: 8821

1, copy ZIVY2.bin files to the U packing list and ensure no suffix in the directory name to bin the relevant documents (U disk formatted as fat or FAT32, no guide information)
2, shut down and unplug the battery, power adapter
3, insert U disk
4, do not put down the FN+R hotkey
5, insert power adapter
6, starting
7, the release of FN+R hotkey
8, the system automatically, until the end of the sound, the system will automatically restart and normal boot (this process must not be cut off!)

http://rghost.net/6GTp99xS8

Let me know
Regards
BDMaster - what version is the bios file that you uploaded (ZIVY2.bin)? Also - what do you mean by U disk? Can I just use a USB Flash disk 64GB formatted in FAT32 in USB2.0/USB3.0 ports?
find
quote
#4
The version is v.1.30 and U disk is USB Stick then Yes You can do any test !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
(12-30-2015, 03:46 AM)BDMaster Wrote: The version is v.1.30 and U disk is USB Stick then Yes You can do any test !
Regards

didnt work man :Sad think my bios is dead. Even this command didnt work with 1 4GB fat32 disk and the correct name ZIVY2.bin
find
quote
#6
Try this :


Nathanial292

Posted for all lenovo Recovery Bios Users !

I used andys tool to get my bios version name (ZIVY2.BI)

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...EFI-BIOSes

I know thats for Pheonix Bios'es but it was worth a shot...

Then got the original bios from Lenovos' website and renamed it to ZIVY2.BI.

I then placed that on a FAT formatted usb; keep in mind I also shoved every single possible filename :

ZIVY2.wph
ZIVY2.bin
ZIVY2.ROM
ZIVY2.FD
ZIVY2.BI
WinZIVY2X64.wph
WinZIVY2X64.fd
WinZIVY2X64.rom {These ones are what the bios file from Lenovo was originally called}
WinZIVY2X64.bin
WinZIVY2X64.bi

I ran the crisis mode(BATTERY OUT/AC OFF, hold fn+B OR fn+R then plug in AC then press Power) and the laptop bleeped
ALOT. 2 minutes later It was booting into WINDOWS!!!

I had to look around the internet for days but it was worth it if this was the result!

I hope you can tell all your lenovo users to try out this method.

I have got so far a long list of users with this issues and i cannot find any Lenovo Recovery Bios woking ! Good luck.

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#7
(12-31-2015, 07:46 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Try this :


Nathanial292

Posted for all lenovo Recovery Bios Users !

I used andys tool to get my bios version name (ZIVY2.BI)

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...EFI-BIOSes

I know thats for Pheonix Bios'es but it was worth a shot...

Then got the original bios from Lenovos' website and renamed it to ZIVY2.BI.

I then placed that on a FAT formatted usb; keep in mind I also shoved every single possible filename :

ZIVY2.wph
ZIVY2.bin
ZIVY2.ROM
ZIVY2.FD
ZIVY2.BI
WinZIVY2X64.wph
WinZIVY2X64.fd
WinZIVY2X64.rom {These ones are what the bios file from Lenovo was originally called}
WinZIVY2X64.bin
WinZIVY2X64.bi

I ran the crisis mode(BATTERY OUT/AC OFF, hold fn+B OR fn+R then plug in AC then press Power) and the laptop bleeped
ALOT. 2 minutes later It was booting into WINDOWS!!!

I had to look around the internet for days but it was worth it if this was the result!

I hope you can tell all your lenovo users to try out this method.

I have got so far a long list of users with this issues and i cannot find any Lenovo Recovery Bios woking ! Good luck.

Let me know
Regards
Tried with FN+R and file name ZIVY2.BI on all usb ports - no success... ;( Do I need to modify the bios with the phoenixtool? I just think my laptop doesnt go to that emergency mode with FN+R - Fan is at 100%, but the computer has to beep at least 1 time in order to confirm emergency flashing.
find
quote
#8
(12-31-2015, 12:07 PM)xkwas Wrote:
(12-31-2015, 07:46 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Try this :


Nathanial292

Posted for all lenovo Recovery Bios Users !

I used andys tool to get my bios version name (ZIVY2.BI)

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...EFI-BIOSes

I know thats for Pheonix Bios'es but it was worth a shot...

Then got the original bios from Lenovos' website and renamed it to ZIVY2.BI.

I then placed that on a FAT formatted usb; keep in mind I also shoved every single possible filename :

ZIVY2.wph
ZIVY2.bin
ZIVY2.ROM
ZIVY2.FD
ZIVY2.BI
WinZIVY2X64.wph
WinZIVY2X64.fd
WinZIVY2X64.rom {These ones are what the bios file from Lenovo was originally called}
WinZIVY2X64.bin
WinZIVY2X64.bi

I ran the crisis mode(BATTERY OUT/AC OFF, hold fn+B OR fn+R then plug in AC then press Power) and the laptop bleeped
ALOT. 2 minutes later It was booting into WINDOWS!!!

I had to look around the internet for days but it was worth it if this was the result!

I hope you can tell all your lenovo users to try out this method.

I have got so far a long list of users with this issues and i cannot find any Lenovo Recovery Bios woking ! Good luck.

Let me know
Regards
Tried with FN+R and file name ZIVY2.BI on all usb ports - no success... ;( Do I need to modify the bios with the phoenixtool? I just think my laptop doesnt go to that emergency mode with FN+R - Fan is at 100%, but the computer has to beep at least 1 time in order to confirm emergency flashing.
any other ideas?
find
quote
#9
No mate,
I haven't and can suggest only the Tools (SPI PGM + Clip) !
They are cheapers and easy to use . . . look here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

We will replace your Bios Backup into the Eeprom Chip Recovering all !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#10
(01-06-2016, 05:20 AM)BDMaster Wrote: No mate,
I haven't and can suggest only the Tools (SPI PGM + Clip) !
They are cheapers and easy to use . . . look here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

We will replace your Bios Backup into the Eeprom Chip Recovering all !
Regards

I heard the lenovo Y50 has 2 chips or something. I gave up - new motherboard purchased..
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)