Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p whitelist r...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6439
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14071
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 148
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3671
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 365
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225134
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119237
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6833
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 458
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309906
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62028
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 676
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20336
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169493
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6419

Lenovo Yoga 700-14ISK Bios Crisis Recovery
#1
I have a Yoga 700-14ISK laptop where the BIOS has been updated..
 
Since the update the laptop now does not turn on, the screen is completely blank. The keyboard does light up, fans are running and there are a series of beeps. 2 Short and then three longer ones, three more longer ones and then a single beep.
 
Does anyone know if the BIOS can be updated again in this state, somethings clearly gone wrong in the last update. I've seen in other posts that a USB can be loaded with the BIOS file and booted from blind to do the update. Can anyone give any pointers on how to extract the BIOS file from the installer package dbcn27ww.exe.
 
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds105180

I basically want to perform a crisis recovery if it is possible to do so?
 
Any help would be massively appreciated.
find
quote
#2
(02-02-2020, 06:41 AM)phil-lenovo Wrote: I have a Yoga 700-14ISK laptop where the BIOS has been updated..
 
Since the update the laptop now does not turn on, the screen is completely blank. The keyboard does light up, fans are running and there are a series of beeps. 2 Short and then three longer ones, three more longer ones and then a single beep.
 
Does anyone know if the BIOS can be updated again in this state, somethings clearly gone wrong in the last update. I've seen in other posts that a USB can be loaded with the BIOS file and booted from blind to do the update. Can anyone give any pointers on how to extract the BIOS file from the installer package dbcn27ww.exe.
 
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds105180

I basically want to perform a crisis recovery if it is possible to do so?
 
Any help would be massively appreciated.
Hi
Phoenix bios...the crisis recovery procedure does not work
You need a SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#3
(02-02-2020, 09:51 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 06:41 AM)phil-lenovo Wrote: I have a Yoga 700-14ISK laptop where the BIOS has been updated..
 
Since the update the laptop now does not turn on, the screen is completely blank. The keyboard does light up, fans are running and there are a series of beeps. 2 Short and then three longer ones, three more longer ones and then a single beep.
 
Does anyone know if the BIOS can be updated again in this state, somethings clearly gone wrong in the last update. I've seen in other posts that a USB can be loaded with the BIOS file and booted from blind to do the update. Can anyone give any pointers on how to extract the BIOS file from the installer package dbcn27ww.exe.
 
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds105180

I basically want to perform a crisis recovery if it is possible to do so?
 
Any help would be massively appreciated.
Hi
Phoenix bios...the crisis recovery procedure does not work
You need a SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
Hi
Thank you for the response. 

Understood, I will take that approach.

I will still need to get hold of the BIOS binary file...and I am struggling to extract it from dbcn27ww.exe using innoextract.

Any ideas on the best way to extract the BIOS file from the installer package?
find
quote
#4
(02-02-2020, 09:59 AM)phil-lenovo Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 09:51 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 06:41 AM)phil-lenovo Wrote: I have a Yoga 700-14ISK laptop where the BIOS has been updated..
 
Since the update the laptop now does not turn on, the screen is completely blank. The keyboard does light up, fans are running and there are a series of beeps. 2 Short and then three longer ones, three more longer ones and then a single beep.
 
Does anyone know if the BIOS can be updated again in this state, somethings clearly gone wrong in the last update. I've seen in other posts that a USB can be loaded with the BIOS file and booted from blind to do the update. Can anyone give any pointers on how to extract the BIOS file from the installer package dbcn27ww.exe.
 
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds105180

I basically want to perform a crisis recovery if it is possible to do so?
 
Any help would be massively appreciated.
Hi
Phoenix bios...the crisis recovery procedure does not work
You need a SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
Hi
Thank you for the response. 

Understood, I will take that approach.

I will still need to get hold of the BIOS binary file...and I am struggling to extract it from dbcn27ww.exe using innoextract.

Any ideas on the best way to extract the BIOS file from the installer package?
first need your damaged dump
find
quote
#5
(02-02-2020, 12:18 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 09:59 AM)phil-lenovo Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 09:51 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 06:41 AM)phil-lenovo Wrote: I have a Yoga 700-14ISK laptop where the BIOS has been updated..
 
Since the update the laptop now does not turn on, the screen is completely blank. The keyboard does light up, fans are running and there are a series of beeps. 2 Short and then three longer ones, three more longer ones and then a single beep.
 
Does anyone know if the BIOS can be updated again in this state, somethings clearly gone wrong in the last update. I've seen in other posts that a USB can be loaded with the BIOS file and booted from blind to do the update. Can anyone give any pointers on how to extract the BIOS file from the installer package dbcn27ww.exe.
 
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds105180

I basically want to perform a crisis recovery if it is possible to do so?
 
Any help would be massively appreciated.
Hi
Phoenix bios...the crisis recovery procedure does not work
You need a SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
Hi
Thank you for the response. 

Understood, I will take that approach.

I will still need to get hold of the BIOS binary file...and I am struggling to extract it from dbcn27ww.exe using innoextract.

Any ideas on the best way to extract the BIOS file from the installer package?
first need your damaged dump

Thank you Dudu, I've managed to read from the chip, and I've sent it over to you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)