Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108003
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1313
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8764
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227567
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119715
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310590
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

MCP61PM-AM Rev. 1.0
#1
This one's in my Gateway GT5432 - also used in other models, as well as Acer Aspire E380 (so I'm told), and an eMachine or two.

I used the "HP Nettle2/3 COMPAQ IRIS8 and Acer Aspire E380 Unlocked RETAIL Bios" as on this page

Being a BIOS-mod newbie, I almost panicked when it would not boot, then remembered I had to reset the CMOS... duh!

OK, it works. Not so terribly exciting though... but worth it!!

It added a few features: "AMD Cool and Quiet (works!... but may have seen some instability when using it after OC-ing), Adjustment of CPU FSB (had this before, but now it actually saves/uses it), and even setting the voltage (RAM voltage from 1.8V to 1.9V - used it!) and memory timings (same as original)."

It also allows disabling of the on-board GPU when another one is plugged-in... nice little feature!

Still lacks any kind of REAL control over RAM timing though... just very basics as OEM BIOS 3-speeds to choose from, or automatic.

(Note: Some "OEM" settings/options were accessed with a CTRL-F1... this does nothing now as all options are always exposed)

Still lacks CPU multiplier... BUMMER!!

Bought that 5000+ Black Edition, and not able to fully utilize it. Was able to squeeze out about 3GHz though, with Clock of 230MHz, FSB mult. of 4 ("K8<->NB"), my 800MHz memory would only run reliably in the 667MHz setting. Shame, having CL2 memory running at CL5.... or worse.

Might still try to move back to FSB mult. of 5 - giving me a FSB of 1150MHz... any thoughts? (remember, I'm new at this modded BIOS thing... so any help is good help!)

Original 1.12 and Gateway's latest 1.14 attached... in case anyone wants to take a look
find
quote
#2
This is well accomplished work. First I'd like to thank you for confirming that the Gateway boards are compatable, many people wanted to hear the outcome of this.

Have you opened the ABIT bios image in MODBIN and unhidden the multiplier option?

TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
(07-24-2010, 12:33 AM)TheWiz Wrote: This is well accomplished work. First I'd like to thank you for confirming that the Gateway boards are compatable, many people wanted to hear the outcome of this.

Have you opened the ABIT bios image in MODBIN and unhidden the multiplier option?

TheWiz


OK... remember newbie here... Huh
Please elaborate... I thought that Abit bios was already "Mod'd" to its full extent...? Has this not been done by anyone that I could download and try?

Side note - and addendum to my prior post... I did move the FSB multiplier ("K8<->NB") back to 5, with a 230MHz clock, and it runs very stable at 1150MHz FSB... YMMV

My 800MHz DDR2-6400-2CL memory is running still at (yuk) CPU/8 (373.9MHz on CPU-Z), CAS=5.0, RAS-to-CAS of 5, RAS-prechg=5, RAS cycle=15, bank cycle=21 clocks, CR-2T

EDIT: oops... it's late (early?1am) I was thinking you were referring to the "Acer Aspire E380" bios that I ran... my bad. I'll have to look up the Abit bios..
find
quote
#4
Tthe BIOS image on the blog image you references is the "Acer Aspire E380 BIOS" It actually runs perfectly well on several boards, but it was originally an ABIT BIOS.
www find
quote
#5
Been looking, looking... but maybe I am dense...
(be gentle... remember "newbie")

I have been unable to find the CPU multiplier settings in this BIOS.... is there a further mod I need to download? I looked in the Nettle2 discussion, the Abit discussion... but it's a bit rough trying to follow all the various threads, and rabbit trails off of each thread.

My AMD B.E. awaits to be unleashed! Big Grin
find
quote
#6
According to banana19 who was one of my testers for the multiplier image, this flashed BIOS along with the ctrl f1 ctrl f9 keys should give you the multiplier option.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/abit_unlocked.bin

TheWiz

(Flash the same way you did with the last mod)
www find
quote
#7
WHOOO-HOOO!!!!!!

HAPPY CAMPER HERE!!!

now THAT is what I was hoping for all along!

Big Grin YOU GUYS ROCK!!! Big Grin
[size=medium]

sorry if I don't act like a "pastor" Angel ... (I am...) as well as a techno-geek from long before we were 'kewl'... been working with PC's since 1980, when I was an engineer for a company developing EXTERNAL hard drive systems for the ORIGINAL IBM "Personal Computer"... because they saw NO NEED for a "Personal Computer" to have a hard drive! (Naw... the 160KB floppy was just fine... NOT!)

Oh, the stories I could tell about actually living through (and working in the industry) the entire history of the "PC".... our first hard drives were 5MB 5.25" full-size... about 8.5" long, 5.75" wide, 3.5" tall, weighing in around 5 pounds... and our OEM cost was around $1500 each. The access time was a screaming (well, more like clunkity-clunking) 200ms, with a transfer speed of maybe 250Kbps.... but we all wondered if anyone would ever really need that much storage space in a small business (our target customers). I've seen hard drives go from (get this!) 34 cubic inches per Megabyte, to 0.0000053 cubic inches per Megabyte (Seagate's 750GB 2.5", 1" thick notebook drive).... and $300/MB to $0.00005/MB

Personally... my first "PC" was a brand-new Apple-II at the age of 17, then upgraded to the Amiga 1000 when it first came out... then an A2000 later. Mix in an original MAC or two, a Sinclair ZX81 or three... then I finally caved-in later and built my first PC-clone - a 80186 based machine (an odd 8086 variant), then a 286, 386, Pentium, and on and on... man... I'm old! (51)

Also seen the entire history of "GUI"... including the first nice PC-based GUI... Digital Research "GEM"... before Windows 1.0 came out.

Then we of course have to consider how we used to dialup at 600-1200 bps to connect to BBS systems... looong before the WWW came into existence. I was one of the first 1000 users registered on eBay...

Now THAT has been a ride!

(SORRY.. for the RANT... but see what happens when I get happy!)Tongue

OH... the details!
EVERYTHING WORKS!

Yeah, I have to turn the power OFF sometimes to get the Clock frequency to "stick" after setting it and saving it... but this an already known issue... from what I gather.

So far I'm at:
210 MHz clock
15X CPU multiplier (NPT Fid control) = 3.15GHz
CPU Voltage of 1.35V (NPT Vid Control) (which, BTW, defaulted to 1.30V)
HT link is 5x (1050 MHz FSB)

My 4GB (4x 1GB) of DDR2 800/6400 memory runs at 394.9MHz (doubled) 6.0/6/6/18/25/2T - doing perfect. Will try to squeeze a bit more out of my memory later... maybe. ;-)
find
quote
#8
Glad to hear of your success Big Grin

Admin
find
quote
#9
Is it OK to post pix of all BIOS settings screens?
find
quote
#10
Yes, you have full permission to post pictures. if there are any spasce issues, please notify me and I will raise your account limit.

TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)