Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6371
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14012
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424504
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3627
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 316
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224643
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6794
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 419
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309753
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 631
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20287
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169387
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6360
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 834

Maximum RAM for Packard Bell iXtreme MC 9334 ?
#1
I have a Packard Bell iXtreme MC 9334 with Ubuntu 10.10.
Bios: V0.27 of 10/27/2006
Sound card: board integrated.
The mother board has to slots of memory.
I have tried to install 2x2GB of RAM, but then the sound says "Salida boba" (spanish) in other words, it makes no sound, all works OK except the sound.
Then I have tried putting only 1x2GB of RAM, and then the sound card (board integrated) works OK again.

Is it possible with a bios upgrade to make the sound work OK with 2x2GB of RAM ?

Please, let me know any idea.
Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#2
More info:

*-core
description: Motherboard
product: Cuba MS-7301
vendor: Packard Bell BV
physical id: 0
version: 1.0
*-firmware
description: BIOS
vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
physical id: 0
version: W7301VP2.027 (10/27/2006)
size: 128KiB
capacity: 448KiB
capabilities: isa pci pnp apm upgrade shadowing escd cdboot bootselect socketedrom edd int13floppy360 int13floppy1200 int13floppy720 int13floppy2880 int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial int17printer int10video acpi usb ls120boot zipboot biosbootspecification
find
quote
#3
I think it's a chipset limitation.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#4
First of all: Thank you very much, Dansolo, for answering.

Are you sure it's a chipset limitation?
If it is, can a PCI sound card (other than the board integrated one) work with all the 4GB memory?
I am wondering if I could use 2x2GB memory if I buy a new sound card (PCI).

Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#5
Hmm. Actually, it might work. Give it a try, I guess.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#6
(01-04-2011, 06:51 PM)Norber Wrote: I have a Packard Bell iXtreme MC 9334 with Ubuntu 10.10.
Bios: V0.27 of 10/27/2006
Sound card: board integrated.
The mother board has to slots of memory.
I have tried to install 2x2GB of RAM, but then the sound says "Salida boba" (spanish) in other words, it makes no sound, all works OK except the sound.
Then I have tried putting only 1x2GB of RAM, and then the sound card (board integrated) works OK again.

Is it possible with a bios upgrade to make the sound work OK with 2x2GB of RAM ?

Please, let me know any idea.
Thanks in advance.

this seriously sounds like a driver issue ive had the same issue with more than 2 gigs of ram with certain wifi cards bet if you try a card it will work fine

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)