Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424129
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223729
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6736
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309494
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6260
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274946

Memory unlock/remap for 945GM chipset
#11
Ok, I left only one SODIMM and then flashed patched BIOS. Laptop started and BIOS reported 2040MB, Windows reported 1.99GB. Then I put back second SODIMM and BIOS now reported 3320MB, Windows 3.24GB. So, it looks like patch worked and Your calculations were right. 

Then I did try to test live linux x64 distro from USB but it failed to load. I've got a boot screen and menu but it hang and not fully load. I tried another USB live system (with Windows PE) and same problem, start booting and fail to fully load. So what I did is flash back previous BIOS (unpatched), test USB live distros and they work again. So is this a downside of a patch?
find
quote
#12
Try to flash my new mod (3192 MB).
find
quote
#13
Ok, now it sees 3192MB in BIOS and 3.11GB in Windows.

Still problems with live distros.

Backup:


.zip   AmericanMegatrendsInc.-A6FAS.222.rom-3192MB.zip (Size: 441.31 KB / Downloads: 6)

Something is wrong becouse I guess hashes should be same and they are different...
find
quote
#14
So last mod is useless.
find
quote
#15
Thanx for help but if even going to 3192M didn't help so there is no point of lowering the bar becouse it is close to what I already have. Sorry You wasted time. At least now I know the limit is gonna stay.
find
quote
#16
I can try to find the reason. But I need new screenshot "Memory from Device Manager" with 2x2GB & original BIOS & Windows USB live system.
Have CD/DVD live systems the same boot problem with modded BIOS?
find
quote
#17
The posted before screenshots were made with original BIOS (222 from link on first post), this was first BIOS I've put in onto this laptop (factory was 215 but I never even downloaded it). The USB Windows live system is Macrium Reflect Rescue Media. It's created on machine You intend to use it, so it have all drivers from that laptop already embedded in Windows PE environment. And it works on BIOS from first post. Same as linux distros I tried. On patched BIOS they all hang after I choose Start from boot menu. They simply won't load.

But it's fine, I used it with 2GB so I can live with almost 3. Wink Thanx for Your efforts.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)