Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6358
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424483
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224590
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 415
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61969
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20282
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169349
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 831

Mistakenly damaged BIOS - help with recovery. Lenovo G500, InsydeH20 BIOS.
#11
(06-13-2015, 11:50 AM)BDMaster Wrote: I got error on your Firmware file ME corrupted !
Redo the Dump and upload again the file !
Regards
I read the BIOS chip again. Attached is the BIN file.


Attached Files
.bin   BIOS READ 2.bin (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 10)
find
quote
#12
Ok friend,
It's better than before, but with some errors yet !
I can patch anyway this one and You can rewrite back but I cannot be sure all will works well !
Let me know what to do . . .
regards

P.S. I can suggest a trick to check Firmware almost partialy !
Please use this tool to get a result file of this Bios Version (78CN25WW) and upload It here
then You will find into the result file the Bios Region file which can use to compare into Firmware
So extract from Firmware the chunk from 0x380000h to 0x800000h and save as Bios File .bin
then using an HEXEditor (the same used to extract Bios File) do the compare !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#13
(07-09-2015, 08:15 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friend,
It's better than before, but with some errors yet !
I can patch anyway this one and You can rewrite back but I cannot be sure all will works well !
Let me know what to do . . .
regards

P.S. I can suggest a trick to check Firmware almost partialy !
Please use this tool to get a result file of this Bios Version (78CN25WW) and upload It here
then You will find into the result file the Bios Region file which can use to compare into Firmware
So extract from Firmware the chunk from 0x380000h to 0x800000h and save as Bios File .bin
then using an HEXEditor (the same used to extract Bios File) do the compare !

Why is it that the extracted firmware has issues/errors? Why did I get different results reading it these two times? I know the firmware won't match the original firmware, since the firmware on the chip is patched to remove the whitelist.

Lastly, if I do use the patched version of this extracted firmware that you'd make, what are the potential problems...?
find
quote
#14
Bump?
find
quote
#15
That some bytes are different than original and if It will occour on Code bytes then Laptop will not
work well or Birck finally !
You have some issue on Clip, I think !!!
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#16
(07-12-2015, 04:07 AM)BDMaster Wrote: That some bytes are different than original and if It will occour on Code bytes then Laptop will not
work well or Birck finally !
You have some issue on Clip, I think !!!
Regards

I think you are right...do you have any recommended clips? I've been fiddling with it for several hours now, and I can't get it to detect the chip again (it's really hit or miss).

Screenshot from one of the few times I got it to detect the chip: https://i.imgur.com/f5hSzgj.png
find
quote
#17
(07-12-2015, 07:34 PM)mattcurtis Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 04:07 AM)BDMaster Wrote: That some bytes are different than original and if It will occour on Code bytes then Laptop will not
work well or Birck finally !
You have some issue on Clip, I think !!!
Regards

I think you are right...do you have any recommended clips? I've been fiddling with it for several hours now, and I can't get it to detect the chip again (it's really hit or miss).

Screenshot from one of the few times I got it to detect the chip: https://i.imgur.com/f5hSzgj.png

Bump?
find
quote
#18
It's simple ! Just save Firmware File then apply again the Clip and redo the file read
then compare them !
When You get the file equal then these are the rights (may be) !
I can suggest to buy the best one = 3M !
Regadrs

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)