Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6689
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6446
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14080
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 152
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424660
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3676
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 347
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 370
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225193
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119241
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6836
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 462
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309921
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62035
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 679
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20340
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169500
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6425

[Mod request] X99S SLI PLUS ( Can pay for service )
#11
I get It Module "Setup" 899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21 etc. IFR.txt !
And now what do You want to know ?
Have You saw the Falseclock Method (the actual way to modify NVRAM variables) :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...-EFI-shell

It's the species evolution, so to try We can use EFI tool and to make definitive We can edit
the IFR Code offsets !
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#12
See the menu that starts at offset 0x35284, I believe i want to expose that.

(03-01-2015, 01:19 PM)BDMaster Wrote: I get It Module "Setup" 899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21 etc. IFR.txt !
And now what do You want to know ?
Have You saw the Falseclock Method (the actual way to modify NVRAM variables) :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...-EFI-shell

It's the species evolution, so to try We can use EFI tool and to make definitive We can edit
the IFR Code offsets !
Let me know
Regards
find
quote
#13
Scrapping this project. Got a good deal on a Gigabyte X99 board.

Thanks for the help so far, i put something in your tip jar.
find
quote
#14
Sadly this was scrapped. I was hoping someone would accomplish this.
find
quote
#15
I want to try the suggestion from the previous page regarding changing NVRAM settings with SCEWIN. It seems possible to enable Above 4G decoding in the NVRAM settings, but I cannot write back to NVRAM with SCEWIN. It seems the NVRAM is locked. Does anyone know how to unlock it so I can try?

I have tried FalseClock's EFI nvram variable modifier, but I am not sure I used the right offset for the variables I want to modify. From the SCEWIN dump, I think I want to change to these settings:

Setup Question = MMIOHBase
Token =192 // Do NOT change this line
Offset =F76
Width =04
BIOS Default =[00]56T
Options =*[00]56T // Move "*" to the desired Option
[01]40T
[02]24T

Setup Question = MMIO High Size
Token =193 // Do NOT change this line
Offset =F7A
Width =04
BIOS Default =[03]1024G
Options =[00]256G // Move "*" to the desired Option
[01]128G
[02]512G
*[03]1024G

Setup Question = Above 4G Decoding
Token =330 // Do NOT change this line
Offset =227
Width =01
BIOS Default =[01]Enabled
Options =[00]Disabled // Move "*" to the desired Option
*[01]Enabled

For example I tried:
setup_var 0x227 0x01
to enable above 4G pcie / high bar / 64bit pcie address decoding on the x99s.
I see "error: offset is out of range" from FalseClock's shell.
My motivation is I want to try a xeon phi or K80 in this board (k40 works out of the box)

I guess the problem is an smi handler from MSI that blocks writing nvram. I found a suggestion here to patch the BIOS for this: but it seems too old and no longer works
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)