Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424467
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224539
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119173
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309728
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169327
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

Need help to mod my ACPi Table
#1
As many of you know my motherboard (MSI Master2 FAR7) doesn't work with my Graphic card (HD3850) but it works with my old one X1950Pro, both have a 512 Mbyte memory and 256 bit BUS and are AGP 8x.
So I don't think it's problem of reserved memory area as suggested by MSI.
As suggested here it's probably a problem of ACPI Table.
Now I found another mainboard (ABIT A8V Deluxe 3rd-Eye) that has the same chipset of mine and it works with both my graphic cards.
So I disassembled both ACPI Table and compared both, there are some similar part, some are only on my mainboard others only on the other one.
Now I'm wondering if I should only add the missing part from the ABIT mainboard or not, and some similar part have only, what I think a memory address, different

MSI
Quote:Name (PICM, Package (0x24)
{
Package (0x04)
{
0x0007FFFF,
0x00,
\_SB.PCI0.LNKC,
0x00
},

ABIT

Quote:Name (PICM, Package (0x30)
{
Package (0x04)
{
0x0008FFFF,
0x00,
\_SB.PCI0.LNKA,
0x00
},

Package (0x04)
{
0x0008FFFF,
0x01,
\_SB.PCI0.LNKB,
0x00
},

Package (0x04)
{

0x0008FFFF,
0x02,
\_SB.PCI0.LNKC,
0x00
},

should I only add the missing part as is or change the BOLD part according to my DSDT Table?

TIA

P.S.
I attached the pdf print of the compare of the whole DSDT Table and my mod version.


Attached Files
.zip   Mod-DSDTmsi.dsl.zip (Size: 12.91 KB / Downloads: 4)
.rar   compare DSDT2.part1.rar (Size: 1.39 MB / Downloads: 2)
.rar   compare DSDT2.part2.rar (Size: 742.58 KB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#2
This is quite fascinating analysis on the ACPI side. I don't know if it would be wise to copy the entire function because that has a different package bit then what the MSI BIOS will look for. I am beinging to speculate if you change just the 0x0007FFFF, to 0x0008FFFF if that will increase the reserved side appropriately. Give me time to look at the comparison, but it might also help to see if you can trace if those are offset values, or actual memory size values (in bold)

TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
My programming knowledge are not deep enough to understand that.
Can you tell me how to do that?
I will wait with patience.
If I program a different BIOS chip with a modded bios in which I only copied as is the difference and put it in the mainboard could I damage it? Could it help?

I add the other mod in which I just copy all the difference as is.


Attached Files
.zip   DSDTmsi.dsl-modbis.zip (Size: 12.94 KB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#4
Now I can work with the PC using a PCI version of HD5450 and I find something strange analyzing the system with hwinfo it inform that the AGP Slot is in use even if no video card is there, so I think the AGP slot is sharing its resource with another peripheral. Could it be possible?
Yesterday I installed a Promise controller and it wasn't seen during boot but sometimes while I was working and windows inform of a resource conflict, i think with the onboard network adapter because it was not working too, after putting the controller on the PCI slot 2 everything is working even if once the computer hang.
What do you think?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)