Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6363
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424493
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224617
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169370
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

Need info and/or BIOS update for Asus P5BW-LA Broadwater MB
#1
My original motherboard in my HP computer that was labeled as P5BW-LA apparently died, after attempting the normal troubleshooting, I thought it was the processor so I purchased a new E-6500 processor, local retailer didn't have anything lower, after installing it, the system wouldn't power up, the next step was to order a replacement board which I found and ordered it from a chinese company that had a board that was suppose to be a replacement, after receiving it, I tried it with the new processor, but it wouldn't boot up either. I've misplaced my original processor but it was either an E-6300 or E6400

I know this is not the exact same board as my original was because the layout is slightly different and the original board had one PCIe X16 slot, 3 PCI slots and a PCI expansion board connector, the new board while is labeled the same, it has both a PCIe x16, a PCIe x1 slots, only 2 PCI slots and does not have have the PCI expansion board connector.

Thinking that the original board could have fried the new processor when I tried it, I went back to the retailer, unfortunately it was now after their 30 day return policy and now all they had was an E-7500 processor, which I purchased but it wouldn't boot either.

I was able to bootup the new board to BIOS using an old and slower processor from a different board, although it won't boot to Windows. When I originally ordered the new board, I knew nothing about different versions of this board and while I don't know what version my original board was but from what I can gather online it was a "Basswood" and the new board's bios (when booting using the old processor from another computer) shows it to be a "Broadwater" version.

My questions are: Does anyone know if this new mother board supports an E-6500 or higher processor? Is there a ROM image I can flash it with to get it to work? If so, where would I get it or could someone post it here?
find
quote
#2
Some photos of the new board would be helpful. Once we can identify it then we can find its bis and have a look at what CPU microcode it contains

Thanks
Admin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)