Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107983
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14354
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425627
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3841
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227535
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310582
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Oldie AwardBIOS 120G+ mod possible?
#1
As my main PC is refusing to work (it seems that it does work, just nothing shown up on the screen!), I using my backup machine and that is kinda old, yet recapped JetWay V266B board. I have two of these boards, and they are working reasonably well, yet recently I have breakdown and they no longer works with my 320G and 500G PATA HDDs...! I found this shocking. I install W2k SP4 on 80G and then transfer the system (just disable the swap and use DriveImage) to new, big HDD on witch Windows cannot be installed, on this machine.

I'm somewhat used to this (W2k backup, even with everything installed, can be about 260MB in size (packed), so... no problemo for a CD save and then restore on the bigger HDD), yet like I say, recently it just stop working. I have absolutely no idea why, yet as soon, as I connect a 320G Seagate 16MB cache (ST3320620A) or a 500G Western Digital 16MB cache (WD5000AAKB) HDD, it show up nicely in BIOS. Autodetect, correct size, etc. However when the machine is about to be done with POST, then it show the "Verifying DMI Pool Data .........." and that it hang there forever. Never boot again anymore. It is absolutely mind-blowing, because I used to RUN from these HDDs...

As hard to believe it sounds, when I grab the other V266B board, it show the very same thing. Shocking...

Regardless, I do wonder, if anyone can take a look at this, because it would be a great help for me. It is enough that my main PC went wrong, but to run on 80G slow old HDD (only 2MB cache, suxx!) and old slow PC together is terrible. Please help!


Also it make me wonder, why the BIOS disable the Vcore voltage settings, when AXP is used. When the second board have only a Duron 1200, then it show the settings, as seen in BIOS:

[Image: Jet_Way_V266_B_A14_bios_screen.png]

It goes by the nice 0.025V increments all the way up to 1.850V ... witch will be fairly good, IF and only IF it can be used when AXP CPU's are inserted. AXP-Mobile or underclocked AXP CPU's not need full voltage. AXP-M goes from 1.40V... so... (update: when flashed the bios update on the old Athlon CPU, the bios Vcore settings remain there, even when later a AXP is used! Interesting!)


Oddly, everything does not work for me. Perhaps Windows 2000 SP4 are too old? Dunno. It just silently quit... So I replace it with the Everest report...

So, I humbly requesting the bios mod to work with bigger harddrives for:

-Manufacturer: JetWay
-Motherboard Model: V266B
-Bios revision: A14
-Bios Type: AwardBIOS
-Bios Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?1c3nb6ozspf2n9r
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a507wq
http://dfiles.eu/files/83g1h9fii
http://www.uloz.to/xh9vQ7Kw/JetWay+V266B+bioses.zip

Everest report:
http://ax2.old-cans.com/Everest%20JetWay...report.htm

Anyone who dare to look at the 120G barrier, pretty please?

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... Smile my config
find
quote
#2
Bump for the usage of bigger HDD's!
I already patched the Windows 2000 SP4 install, so it can be installed on huge HDDs now! Smile Just make them post with this mobo, pls Wink

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... Smile my config
find
quote
#3
Little bumpy for the bigger HDD support, as I have two of these mainboards and I would like to use them sometimes for various work, but with bigger HDDs, of course!

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... Smile my config
find
quote
#4
Bump for bigger HDDs? Smile

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... Smile my config
find
quote
#5
Slight and carefull bump? Smile Please?

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... Smile my config
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)