Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 813
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108111
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1318
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14374
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 253
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425701
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 542
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 336
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 730
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119732
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 392
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310657
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62242

Optiplex 7060 SFF 9th Generation Intel Core support
#1
Hello All, I’m new to the site. I searched but couldn’t find an answer. I have a Dell optiplex 7060 SFF with I believe is an intel 370 chip set however when I installed an i7 9700 in it, it would not boot. It seems Dell did not add the micro code to support 9th generation intel processors in the bios.  Does anybody know if and how this could be done?  Can Dell bios be modded?  Thank you.
find
quote
#2
Show a photo of your i7-9700.

Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.

Download Intel ME System Tools v12
I need results of MEInfo on this system.

Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip Prr2 to this DOS USB-stick.
Boot from this DOS USB-stick and run Prr2
Make a photo of the screen with results.
find
quote
#3
(05-01-2020, 02:51 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Show a photo of your i7-9700.

My i7-9700 is currently in another computer. Is there anyway I can get the info you need from the picture without taking it out of the computer.
find
quote
#4
(05-01-2020, 06:39 PM)thewkong Wrote: Is there anyway I can get the info you need from the picture without taking it out of the computer.

Post a screenshot of main tab of CPU-Z in another computer with this(!) i7-9700
find
quote
#5
(05-01-2020, 07:02 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot of main tab of CPU-Z in another computer with this(!) i7-9700

I attached a screenshot of CPU-Z on my computer with my i7-9700.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#6
(05-01-2020, 02:51 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.

I attached a screenshot of the mainboard tab from cpu z


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#7
(05-01-2020, 02:51 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Download Intel ME System Tools v12
I need results of MEInfo on this system.

I attached a screenshot of the meinfo


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#8
I need all requested information.
find
quote
#9
(05-01-2020, 02:51 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip Prr2 to this DOS USB-stick.
Boot from this DOS USB-stick and run Prr2
Make a photo of the screen with results.


When I ran Prr2 I got this message. "Error accessing registers. Error code is 0x8021"
find
quote
#10
Well.
I need results of fptw64 from Intel ME System Tools v12 (a screenshot and a file desc.bin):
fptw64 -desc -d desc.bin

BTW: What is native CPU for Optiplex 7060? Have you a hardware programmer to recovery?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)