Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424195
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223901
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309547
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169168
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6272
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5742
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61123

P6X58D-E Marvell Update
#11
(01-16-2012, 07:46 PM)serp202 Wrote: Hi, I want to update my MB with new Marvell BIOS. Tried it manualy, but after restart, MB bios rolls back to integrated ATA firmware, in other words, to old ATA firmware.
Here is my M.B. BIOS:
Can someone integrate new marvell firmware. Here is it

Hello! This board appears to be quite civil and a bunch of the members seem really helpful.

I want to do exactly what the above poster requests but with the new 803 BIOS from ASUS.

Now I'm a bit confused about the Marvell BIOS versions. I downloaded the one linked to above and ran the utility in DOS. It states I have Marvel Image 1.0.0.1213 and the Incoming version that I flash is 1.0.0.1808. My device ID is listed as 9123. Now after I complete the flash, which appears to work, when I reboot, my MB BIOS reverts the Marvel to 1213.

The latest cooked BIOS I saw you guys linking to showed OROM version 1033. Is that the same as the 1808 I flashed? Is the 1808 even compatible with the P6X58D-E?

My new SSD pauses all the time and crashes intermittently on the Marvell controller, from my readings it appears this controller is junk, but I wonder if the new firmware helped. SSD works fine on the Intel controller but I thought I had a 6GB board. If you guys can whip up an 803 with new Marvell firmware, that'd be great! But I just wonder if ASUS already included the latest since the 803 isn't that old.

I attached the ASUS BIOS and the Marvell firmware I found, the same package I used for the update.

Thank you guys so much, the forum really is a treasure trove of information.


Attached Files
.zip   Marvel.zip (Size: 494 KB / Downloads: 37)
.zip   P6X58D-E-ASUS-0803.zip (Size: 1.07 MB / Downloads: 26)
find
quote
#12
Hi there!

First of all: Really good forum guys!

I had the same problem and cant find any solution with the newest Bios from Asus.

So i have done it myself with a little help from here:
www.win-lite.de - bios-modding - anleitung-zum-bios-modding-aktualisierung-von-pci-rom-modulen

Worked really fine for me!

Greetings to all from Vienna / Austria
Lichterl


Attached Files
.rom   p6x58d-e-asus-0803_mrv1029.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 46)
find
quote
#13
Asus P6X58D-E BIOS V8.03 with marvell 1.0.0.1038

https://www.sendspace.com/file/979a34
find
quote
#14
Asus P6X58D-E BIOS V8.03 with marvell 1.0.0.1038 with some updated microcodes...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nly0py

[Image: 554f803be93bc.png]
find
quote
#15
(05-10-2015, 10:59 AM)Zibri Wrote: Asus P6X58D-E BIOS V8.03 with marvell 1.0.0.1038 with some updated microcodes...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nly0py

[Image: 554f803be93bc.png]

Do you have version with updated ROM for Marvell 88E8056 (V14)?

BTW, links are down, can you please upload again?
find
quote
#16
p6x58d-e-asus-0803_mrv1038_mcu.zip

Asus P6X58D-E BIOS V8.03 with marvell 1.0.0.1038 with some updated microcodes...
find
quote
#17
(10-30-2015, 07:47 PM)Zibri Wrote: p6x58d-e-asus-0803_mrv1038_mcu.zip

Asus P6X58D-E BIOS V8.03 with marvell 1.0.0.1038 with some updated microcodes...

Thnx! It's working fine.

Is it possible to integrate newer ROM for Marvell NIC 88E8056, since the ROM for NIC iz now REV12 (many bugs) and latest available is REV14?
Issue for REV12 and new REV14 ROM for Gigabyte MoBo is described here: http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/890294...ue/?page=2

TY!
find
quote
#18
Bios modules are tricky.. if you know where to find the module to include I can do that
find
quote
#19
Find me a motherboard bios with the updated driver and I will put it in our bios.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)