Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6683
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6444
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14079
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 152
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424656
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3675
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 346
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 369
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225187
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119239
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 313
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6835
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309921
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62035
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 678
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20339
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169498
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6424

POS-PIG43BC: Need help to identify/mod this motherboard
#1
A customer of mine gave me an old 775 PC, still working fine, and since I would like to make it a game machine for Half-life/halo FPS I've upgrade this machine with spare parts, an E8400, 8GB Ram and a 500GB HD and an old-but-still-good GTX 650Ti OC. Now I would like to push the CPU a little more.
The maker of the motherboard is the Positivo, a Brazilian brand that -normally- just rebrand motherboard fro MSI and Gygabyte. But in this case I didn't find any similar or equivalent motherboard design to this PIG43BC. Is a simple board, with a custom AMI bios with very few option on it, as normal for a wholesale computer. 
The AMI Bios string didn't help to identify the motherboard too:  64-0108-009999-00101111-051110-Eaglelake-1ADXP064-Y2KC. The manufacturer code 9999 isn't on AMI DB. I fear this board is produced internally. Here is how looks like:
[Image: IMG_20151029_073119526.jpg]

I dumped the Bios and had a look with AMIBCP, but I didn't find any hidden option on CPU tab, and the filed showing CPU ratio a FSB (grayed out on bios) have just the options "refresh" and "not refresh", no "user" option. 
[Image: AMIBCP.png]
However, there is an option for "ratio CMOS setting" set to supervisor but I don't know if it's safe to change it, and there is not a supervisor login on my bios then the option doesn't shows.
[Image: IMG_20151104_241818498.jpg]
I would like to know if there is the possibility to add an option to overclock the FSB, since theoretically G43 motherboards supports FSB@1600. 
Do you think I can do any kind of mod here?

Thanks.

Federico
find
quote
#2
Even flashing the bios with the "ratio CMOS setting" set to user doesn't let it shows. But I didn't set the fields "failsafe" and "optimal" to "00" (now on "FF") like other user editable fields. Because I don't know exactly what it means...
I added the original bios dump in case someone would gently have a look on it.

Note: I bought a Xeon X5450 already modded to test with. But I can't have it for the next 2-3 weeks.
Thanks,

Federico


Attached Files
.rom   backup.ROM (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 20)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)