Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 283
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55282
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40943
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64120
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 136
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 83
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167062
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6328
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125397
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317017
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Pegatron M2N78-LA BIOS Update Issue
I tried that. Didn't work.

The BIOS chip is soldered to the board.

To anyone else looking to fix their revving fan on their HP computer: DON'T TRY THIS. It's just not worth it.

The good news is that I bought a new mobo that was 90 bucks from Newegg that kicks the crap out of the dead HP OEM it is replacing.

Really impressed with the quality of this GIGABYTE board I just bought.

$90 lesson learned here....
find
(02-12-2011, 12:38 PM)gogofester Wrote:
(02-12-2011, 01:21 AM)gogofester Wrote: I cheated.

I noticed the "12v" pin on the 3-pin fan connector is only about 5v while running normally. It jumps a few tenths of a volt when the mobo tells the fan to speed up - annoyingly.

I removed the red wire and hard wired it to a 5v pin on an unused HD power cable. Runs nice and peacefully steady, and just a little faster than normal.

You gotta be careful with this stunt or you'll really mess something up, and of course I've completely defeated the fan speed control and the fan can't go faster if it needs to but I HATED that rev up/down crap and this patch was pretty fast/easy.

BTW- those CPU and case fans ROAR when you put an actual 12v on them!

I'm still waiting for my 8GB thumb drive to format so I can go the flash route...

Am so glad I found this thread. I thought it was just my imagination for or my PS was going out. Thanks MrTangoWhisky!

Rats. I wish I had stayed with the 5v jumper wire fix.

I flashed the BIOS and now all I get is beeps upon boot. Now what?

This BIOS chip is a tiny SMD chip...

The beeping issue is the video card. if you update to 5.29 while using onboard video, it won't display anything on the monitor. you need a pci express graphics card for it to work with 5.29.
find
(04-13-2011, 01:31 AM)netyugi22 Wrote:
(02-12-2011, 12:38 PM)gogofester Wrote:
(02-12-2011, 01:21 AM)gogofester Wrote: I cheated.

I noticed the "12v" pin on the 3-pin fan connector is only about 5v while running normally. It jumps a few tenths of a volt when the mobo tells the fan to speed up - annoyingly.

I removed the red wire and hard wired it to a 5v pin on an unused HD power cable. Runs nice and peacefully steady, and just a little faster than normal.

You gotta be careful with this stunt or you'll really mess something up, and of course I've completely defeated the fan speed control and the fan can't go faster if it needs to but I HATED that rev up/down crap and this patch was pretty fast/easy.

BTW- those CPU and case fans ROAR when you put an actual 12v on them!

I'm still waiting for my 8GB thumb drive to format so I can go the flash route...

Am so glad I found this thread. I thought it was just my imagination for or my PS was going out. Thanks MrTangoWhisky!

Rats. I wish I had stayed with the 5v jumper wire fix.

I flashed the BIOS and now all I get is beeps upon boot. Now what?

This BIOS chip is a tiny SMD chip...

The beeping issue is the video card. if you update to 5.29 while using onboard video, it won't display anything on the monitor. you need a pci express graphics card for it to work with 5.29.
can someone please upload me a .rom file for this motherboard

-thank you derrick
find
Hi guys, for those of you who have trouble flashing a dead computer, take a look at this thread! Computer successfully fixed!

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-AM...overy-Help

Instead of AMIBIOS.ROM, for HP computers, it is supposed to be HPBIOS.ROM

(sorry for bumping up an old post)
find
So...How do I flash the Bios? It's my last straw, if that doesn't fix my issue, I will buy a new MB. Thanks in advance

(12-04-2010, 03:26 PM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: produced as: Pegatron M2N78-LA
HP called as: Violet-GL8E
also called as: Violet 3

A german HP-engineer told me the following procedure:

Set CLEAR_CMOS and CLEAR_PW jumper to pin 1-2 and push the power button. Hold it till the system is off again (this may take up to 10 seconds). Set the jumpers both back to 2-3 push and hold F10 on the keyboard and switch the system back on to enter BIOS. Disconnect AC-Power, now you are save to reflash the original BIOS. Reconnect AC and flash as you usually do with afu under DOS.

I attached the original BIOS for you...

As I found out it is an AMI-BIOS modified for HP by pioneer!!!

find
Hello,

I have the same issue with my HP P6115y desktop. I have downloaded afudos but where do I find the ROM files? I have all the windows bios update files from HP but cannot find any for dos. Could you walk me through the process again?
find
Good morning all;

I am at wits end with this machine. It is a HP Pavilion p6214y. It is stock from Best Buy. I have had issues with this machine since I reloaded it with the same OS that came on it. I was trying to get rid of all the addons.

Since then while downloading, I would get about 10kbs or either time out. I have updated drives, reloaded with Win XP 64, and back to Win 7 Home Prem. Same issues everytime. I can unhook the cat 6 and plug it in to a machine next to it and it works fine, so I know its not my network. I have several other machines online both wireless and wired.

I tried to update the BIOS with the file provided by HP and it bricked it. I have it with a basic load right now, with nothing but the OS on it. I am willing to try whatever it takes to make this machine work short of spending $$$$$$.

I am hoping that flashing the BIOS will assist with this issue. If you have any other ideas, I am open to suggestion. I am a Data Chief in the Marines so I have tried all the basic stuff as far as tcp/ip settings, firewalls, directly connecting to the modem. However I have never flashed a BIOS so if you could dummy proof it for me that would be greatly appreciated.

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model Tongueegatron M2N78-LA
-Bios Revision :5.22
-Bios Type :AMI
-Bios SLIC :???
-Bios Link :ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...-1/sp46426.exe

SEMPER FIDELIS
CHRIS

Well I am pretty sure that I bricked my mobo. I am getting 2 short beeps and 1 long beep. I looked it up and it has to do with my video adapter. My monitor is not receiving any signal either.

Any suggestions that would help fix this, besided buying a new mobo?

Thanks
Chris
find
Chris like mentionned before you need a graphic card if you upgraded to 5.29, the onboard graphic doesn't seem to work anymore

Don't know if it's HP programmers that are really bad or it was done to solve the enormous heat the north bridge was emitting but either way you need a dedicated graphic card.

On another note does anyone know what could be the best cpu I could put on the DDR2 m2n78-La, him guessing it would be at best something like a 960 or a 1045T

Thank you
find
(02-20-2012, 12:54 AM)chris.smith.usmc Wrote: Good morning all;

I am at wits end with this machine. It is a HP Pavilion p6214y. It is stock from Best Buy. I have had issues with this machine since I reloaded it with the same OS that came on it. I was trying to get rid of all the addons.

Since then while downloading, I would get about 10kbs or either time out. I have updated drives, reloaded with Win XP 64, and back to Win 7 Home Prem. Same issues everytime. I can unhook the cat 6 and plug it in to a machine next to it and it works fine, so I know its not my network. I have several other machines online both wireless and wired.

I tried to update the BIOS with the file provided by HP and it bricked it. I have it with a basic load right now, with nothing but the OS on it. I am willing to try whatever it takes to make this machine work short of spending $$$$$$.

I am hoping that flashing the BIOS will assist with this issue. If you have any other ideas, I am open to suggestion. I am a Data Chief in the Marines so I have tried all the basic stuff as far as tcp/ip settings, firewalls, directly connecting to the modem. However I have never flashed a BIOS so if you could dummy proof it for me that would be greatly appreciated.

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model Tongueegatron M2N78-LA
-Bios Revision :5.22
-Bios Type :AMI
-Bios SLIC :???
-Bios Link :ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...-1/sp46426.exe

SEMPER FIDELIS
CHRIS

Well I am pretty sure that I bricked my mobo. I am getting 2 short beeps and 1 long beep. I looked it up and it has to do with my video adapter. My monitor is not receiving any signal either.

Any suggestions that would help fix this, besided buying a new mobo?

Thanks
Chris
Read the thread located here:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Deskt...173#M23411

My post from that thread:
Quote:(Revised Instructions)
Instructions for those of you who have unsuccessfully done a bios flash on these HP computers, specifically those with the M2N78-LA motherboard. This may or may not work with other HP computers but since you've already done a misflash which is very bad, I'd say things can only get better, so proceed as follows:

1. Because of your misflashed bios, you will need a second computer with a floppy drive that is working. The reason for this is because the bios update HP has on it website requires the computer to be working properly and for you to be in Windows which you no longer can do due to the Bios misflash. So, you will need to download the correct bios update for the computer that is being updated/fixed. For the computer we're talking about today, the bios update file is sp46426.exe.
2. Now that you've downloaded the correct bios update onto your second computer, you're going to have to extract the Bios Rom from it. To extract the bios rom, you need a file archive utility called "Winrar" which can be downloaded from here:
http://www.rarlab.com/

3. Assuming you have Winrar installed, in Windows, right click on the file and select "Open with Winrar". Or from within Winrar, select the file and open it. Inside of our sp46426.exe file there is a list of files, one of which is our Bios Rom. For this specific bios update (the name will vary depending on the computer and version of bios), our Bios Rom is called "VLE5.22".

4. Now extract (in this case) "VLE5.22" into a folder and then rename the file from VLE5.22 to HPBIOS.ROM and copy this file onto a blank floppy diskette.

5. Unfortunately for these computers, you cannot use an external USB floppy or USB flash drive, or a CD to perform this bios recovery so you will need an internal floppy drive and ribbon. I know these computers do not come with them so you will either have to buy this or source this from a much older computer which DOES have an internal floppy drive and grey ribbon cable.

6. With an internal floppy drive properly connected, insert the floppy disk with the HPBIOS.ROM file and turn on the machine. You may need to hold down Ctrl-Home, but not 100% sure. After a long while the machine will give 4 or 5 beeps, and reset itself. Once it's done that it will boot normally.

BTW, if you connect your floppy drive and w/o a floppy disk in the drive find the Drive LED is stuck on and you hear no drive activity, it means your floppy drive cable is backwards and or your floppy drive is bad but it's far more likely the former than the latter.

I also want give many thanks to the person who started this thread and to all those who contributed as I too encountered an issue with a misflash on a friend's computer no less and had to quickly fix the problem lest I tell him the fate of his computer.

I made this post because I saw the frustration with the users in this thread and I too felt the same frustration and was relieved to find the solution in that other thread there. I hope this post will be of help for those who encounter the same problem and it's not too late for others who have already misflashed their board.
find
I left my computer on last Saturday.Got back home and had blank screen.Tried to reboot it didn't.Went to Bios and all the drives show 0.None will read except the Floppy when I have it plugged in.

I belive that my computer updated while I was gone with the new HP Bios update file and it screwed my Bios.. Tried switching SATA connections etc. No dice.

I have a Pegatron M2N78-LA Violet MB.Read this post and tried the Bios download from HP 5.29.Changed the name of the file to HPBIOS.ROM.

Heres what happened when tried to download the file to floopy.Tried to open the file before the download and it's a Media Player!
This was a direct download from HP and it was corrupt.All the Bios I downloaded for the Pegatron from HP were a Media player.Even the ones linked from the post on this site.

Did find a Bios for the Pegatron on another site but it was for Vista 64 bit.I need an uncorrupted Bios for the Pegatron Violet Windows 7 64 bit for my system.

I'm all set up per the floopy connected to the MB.. etc ready to download the correct Bios but need them..

I have cleared my Bios and still all drives but floppy are a no show.. Any help in finding the Bios for Pegatron M2N78-LA Violet would be appreciated.. Thx all.
Gate Cool
find