Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424228
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223933
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119110
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 360
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309557
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6274
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 776
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61125

Phenom II on Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4
#31
Please logon to Windows Live and add my ID cjj9872000yk@passport.com; then we can discuss the specifics.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#32
Mhh, sorry. I don't have Windows Live. I don't even use Windows usually. :/

Got any alternatives? ICQ/AIM? IRC?
find
quote
#33
AIM=kk2dumax
www find
quote
#34
HARP, your IM says your offline. Im getting your IMs but your not getting mine.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#35
Any news on this? I have the EXACT same issues going on. Been reading up now, and this is the best resource I've found.

Thanks,

Mike

There's a newer bios posted I believe. FHK instead of FHL. Tried it, and this doesn't help, same issue. Don't know if it will be of any help or not, it appears to have added support for the 945 ?
find
quote
#36
This gigabyte board supports the 955, though it's based on the AMD 790 chipset:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboa...uctID=3031

This is the latest bios for the S4 board
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Mothe...uctID=2539

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
find
quote
#37
Here's some more interesting stuff. Here's a bios with much never AGESA info that's based off an nforce chipset, so it's probably alot more similar than an AMD 790 chipset:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Mothe...uctID=3006


It also supports the 955.
find
quote
#38
Hi michael,

Yes, we tried a lot of different BIOSes a while ago, sadly none of which worked. The Wiz made some progress a few days ago, so maybe it's possible to get it working these days.

I have bought a new board by now, and I don't feel like ripping off the watercooler and everything to test the CPU on my m57sli (which is used in another machine right now anyway), sorry.

Maybe The Wiz makes a few new BIOSes with his new breakthrough technique Wink But beware, you can brick you board, as you don't have the Dual BIOS modifications that I do.
find
quote
#39
Well, we have discovered that the issue is that even after replacing the main AGESA module, that there are embeded AGESA modules that don't get updated when you update the main block. This is the issue we are trying to resolve.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#40
I just received an interesting Email:

Quote:Hey Haarp,

I know you have already moved on, but I finally solved the 800mhz issue. While I am still testing it with another person in your shoes we got it. What is happening is the memory registers set a bit for whether or not the board supports dual power plane. Dual power plane is only required in the 955BE 965 BE and 945 125W because they use so much power (and are the OCing line) So by using a certain AGESA version and updating the memory registers to say only use one power plane, everything works.

At least it ended solved.

Chris

This could most likely solve the problem. I have a newer board, so I don't need it, but I want others to know that it's NOT impossible Wink
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)