Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 294
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224627
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119178
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309747
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

Phoenix BIOS unlocking possible?
#21
Can anyone take a look at the Alienware M17x R1 BIOS? There are alot of options in the strings file that are not there in the usable portion of the bios. If those (mainly overclocking Big Grin) options could be unlocked, I would be an extremely happy camper.
find
quote
#22
(02-06-2011, 02:39 AM)scook9 Wrote: Can anyone take a look at the Alienware M17x R1 BIOS? There are alot of options in the strings file that are not there in the usable portion of the bios. If those (mainly overclocking Big Grin) options could be unlocked, I would be an extremely happy camper.
So, you already looked in the STRINGS file? Which ones you found very interesting?

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#23
Hi everyone,

BIOS-Mods has now officially made preparations to start taking Phoenix unlocking requests just like Award and AMI requests. Please create new threads with your requests so we can start the modding process. It has taken a while for the research to come full circle but we believe we can now accomplish these mods. So please create your new threads with as much pertinent info as possible.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#24
(02-06-2011, 04:01 AM)kizwan Wrote:
(02-06-2011, 02:39 AM)scook9 Wrote: Can anyone take a look at the Alienware M17x R1 BIOS? There are alot of options in the strings file that are not there in the usable portion of the bios. If those (mainly overclocking Big Grin) options could be unlocked, I would be an extremely happy camper.
So, you already looked in the STRINGS file? Which ones you found very interesting?

There was a whole lot that I found interesting Big Grin

I do not think I will be able to add GPU support like originally intended but overclocking options could probably be unlocked. I will make a request thread for it.
find
quote
#25
I have done some Pheonix Unlocking on some bios, altho its a long tidous process_ it is possible but limited to what you can find in the STRING file upon opening in Phoenix Bios Editor_
Accordingly the Strings in the STRING0(0).rom file all routes back to the Templat0(0).rom file, so whatever options you find in the String file you can input it into the Template and allow it to show on the BIos Menu, its all done using hex editor. It is pretty neat =]

[Image: 1634877.png]
find
quote
#26
I think all of the options available are in the "strings" category within Phoenix Bios Editor Pro, not all of them are activated though. I am having trouble opening space or making it so that I can write in certain areas of the bios. I want to "compress" or bunch it all together on one end of the ROM and have my own section that I can actually work with, it feels too immobile for me to work with. Perhapos I am using it incorrectly, and need to write a user based rom and load it in as a module. Who knows? It recognizes certain strings does it not? It is not some magical appearance of string values that work, they are preprogrammed. I was surprised to see the "Spread sprectum", it is there to reduce interference with other hardware devices in the computer, but it is a string within the bios that i am looking at. So I can't say it is even hidden, just not activated. We are limited by the space. Don't forget what it is either... B.I.O.S...
find
quote
#27
Right, but any string value has its corresponding template offset where in most cases it can be mapped and activated by the template. I am working on making it so the size of the ROM can change before compression, no luck yet. Theoretically though, good practice means not changing the size, just moving the bits around.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#28
http://support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDocs/32559.pdf


This is where you find the extras unknown. There is a lot of information here on the AMD Hammer Chipset, which is what I believe mine is. I need more so the writes that would allow my motherboard to be fully activated, I have an aftermarket bios update, so I feel there are unactivated portions of my motherboard. (i.e. TPM, onboard bluetooth, etc.)

I need the control registers is what I think it is. The pieces I want are not registered to the bios, thus not activated.
find
quote
#29
Apparently the processor has its' own bios that can be accessed within the computers' bios, through a mode called "System Management Mode"- not recommended for inexperienced users.
"System management mode (SMM) is an operating mode entered when system management interrupt
SMI is asserted. The SMI is handled by a dedicated interrupt handler pointed to by processor model
specific registers. SMM is used for system control activities such as power management. These
activities are transparent to conventional operating systems (such as MS-DOS and Windows®
operating system). SMM is used by the BIOS and specialized low level device drivers. The code and
data for SMM are stored in the SMM memory area, which may be isolated from the main memory
accesses using special processor functions.
This chapter describes the SMM state save area, entry into and exit from SMM, exceptions and
interrupts in SMM, and memory allocation and addressing in SMM."

http://support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDocs/32559.pdf
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)