Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6363
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424493
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224612
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169365
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Phoenix BIOS unlocking possible?
#1
I have a Phoenix BIOS in my notebook and have found that a ROM of it seems to manage to open with Phoenix BIOS Editor. Would this make it possible or easy to unlock the BIOS? Also, can a BIOS mod could possibly override TME and allow for overclocking if my motherboard has TME enabled?
find
quote
#2
Currently , there has eben very little success in phoenix bios unlocking. one of our mods was able to unlock 3 features in a phoenix bios that were not displayed in the setup table , but only by going the long way rounf editing hex etc

We are currently researching this still

sorry

Admin
find
quote
#3
So even at the point in the screen shot you think there's nothing that could be done? The program allows you to edit and rebuild the BIOS and the version I'm currently running (with SLIC Mod) is open in the screen shot. Would it still be impossible to unlock?

   
find
quote
#4
Im more than aware of what the program can do Tongue

No , when one of our mods succesfully "Unlocked" a phoenix , he found options that didnt appear in teh Setup Tree when it was opened with PBE. If you look clsoely you will see that every option there in PBE will already be accessible.

When our mod was succesful , PBE displayed an extra few options after the Mod that couldnt be seen before!

We are stil tryingt o replicate what he did and will make it obvious when we achieve this properly

Thanks For Yoru Patience
Admin
find
quote
#5
Somehow I figured that was the case. Is there a chance I can be linked to a copy of the original phoenix BIOS that did get somewhat unlocked and a copy of same BIOS after it was unlocked? The original thread maybe if there was one.
find
quote
#6
(02-16-2010, 04:08 PM)PsychoUsagi Wrote: Somehow I figured that was the case. Is there a chance I can be linked to a copy of the original phoenix BIOS that did get somewhat unlocked and a copy of same BIOS after it was unlocked? The original thread maybe if there was one.

sorry , currently restriced to mods and admins only

When we can do it , we will share how

Admin
find
quote
#7
Ah. I suppose it only makes sense. I wouldn't want to steal your work from you, so I won't press you for it, especially with me being new to the forum. Honestly though, all I really want to do is overclock my FSB which is locked by TME, and this seems to be the only way besides a PLL mod which would theoretically kick my FSB from 266 to 333 and has yet to be successfully executed on my machine as far as I know. Even that aside I wouldn't want to push my RAM that far immediately either, I'm pretty sure that's not a good idea. If I had my way I'd change the multiplier and only overclock the processor but I'm pretty sure those are locked no matter what I do. So to clear things up, you did say it was possible to add new options to Phoenix BIOS via Hex Editing? If so would it then be possible to add the option to OC my FSB by Hex Editing? If not I just suppose I'll have to keep waiting for you guys to get something, because I'm pretty sure I won't be able to count on Gateway to release BIOS that will allow overclocking.
find
quote
#8
The genius in Phenix unlocking right now is Rjback who is a moderator on the forum. i would attempt to contact him, he would be your best shot.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#9
(02-17-2010, 12:45 AM)TheWiz Wrote: The genius in Phenix unlocking right now is Rjback who is a moderator on the forum. i would attempt to contact him, he would be your best shot.

TheWiz
Is he rbjack, the one I found at mydigitallife forum? I read his posts there & able to unlock Virtualization menu on Acer Aspire 9420 BIOS. Please pass my thank you to him for me. I'm also able to replicate the success on Sony Vaio VGN-SZ460N (BIOS R0112N0). I don't have the sony laptop, just for my exercise. Big Grin

I agree with 1234s282. Phoenix BIOS Editor alone can't unlock hidden menu but useful to unpack the BIOS image & make sure successful rebuild BIOS image. Need to use hex editor to edit ROM file (e.g. to locate where Setup Menu table).

I think how far we can unlock hidden menu is depend to STRINGS0.ROM file. If the strings/text of the menu we want to unlock is exist in the file, it is possible to unlock it.

kizwan

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#10
Yeah, the latest PBE is pretty good at extracting all the ROMs out, as I use it for CPU upgrades. I'm guessing the strings rom is similar to EN_CODE.BIN in the award platform.

TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)