Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424253
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223996
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119116
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20230
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169181
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6281
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61132

[Problem] Flashing lightly modded INSYDE BIOS on HP Victus 16 with CH341a
#1
Hello everyone, my goals with the BIOS mod is very simple. I just want to switch some UEFI variables to enable undervolting using Throttlestop on my i7-14700HX CPU. HP locks it even though it's an HX CPU.

The only modifications I made were switching the default value bits of 7 variables. CFG Lock, Overclocking Lock, Undervolt Protection, Overclocking Feature, BIOS Lock, RTC Memory Lock, FPRR, and FLL Overclock Mode Enable. I am not THAT interested in fancy things like showing hidden menus in the BIOS setup menu.

I did these modifications in the following way:
-First of all I extracted my full BIOS using a CH341a programmer and made sure that I got a good read and obtained backup.bin.

-Extracted SetupUtility.bin from backup.bin (16MB) using UEFITool.

-Extracted SetupUtility.txt from SetupUtility.bin using IFRExtractor.

-Modified the variables in the following way:
Consider CFG Lock as an example, from SetupUtility.txt its located on 0x186370 with {05 91 8F 03 90 03 87 01 03 00 43 00 10 10 00 01 00}
After this string of hex bits comes the Disabled and Enable strings which are {09 07 0D 00 00 00 00} and {09 07 0C 00 30 00 01} respectively.
The only modification I did was the following:

09 07 0D 00 **00** 00 00 -> 09 07 0D 00 **30** 00 00
09 07 0C 00 **30** 00 01 -> 09 07 0C 00 **00** 00 01

Which I think sets Disabled to be the default value of CFG Lock. Am I doing it correctly?
When I extract the SetupUtility.txt from the modified SetupUtility.bin it shows that "(default)"
is moved from the Enabled line to the Disabled line. Same thing was done for the other variables mentioned above.

Sadly after I flashed the modified BIOS, on boot, the laptop gave an error saying "BIOS is corrupted, recovery process is starting soon" and it recovered the original BIOS.

Do you think a checksum validation bypass is necessary, is it something other than a checksum?

Also I have tried flashing the original BIOS which I extracted and it did not give a "BIOS is corrupted, recovery process is starting soon" error. So I am not so worried about bricking the laptop I think.

I linked the unmodified BIOS and the modified BIOS as well.
original BIOS: https://www.mediafire.com/file/l2gtkqosw...p.bin/file
modified BIOS: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j87xzibbk...d.bin/file

Please let me know what Im doing wrong or if there is a way to do this correctly at all. Thank you for this amazing forum, literally 1 month ago I knew almost nothing about BIOS modding and thought that UEFI variable editing was the craziest thing xD

Also side note: The reason I went for a BIOS mod to make these simple changes is because all of the relevant UEFI variables are write-protected and I was not able to edit them with setup_var, RU.efi, or H2OUVE -sv vars.txt. So this was my last resort I think.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)