Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14003
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424471
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224556
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119174
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309730
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61966
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169331
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6353
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5799

Problem for HP Slimline 270-a016 Motherboard
#1
Sad 
Hi,
I got a motherboard of slimline 270-a016 with a cheap price recently, with AMD a9-9430 Soc. SSID is 82FF.
I think it's a engineering motherboard which shipped with a B.08 BIOS marked as for HP INTERNAL USE, different from official released F.XX BIOS. Originally, the SKU, SN, Product Name are blank, and the motherboard is in MPM unlock mode.
But with mistake, I locked MPM through HP BIOS Configuration Utility.

Now, I got a following Error message at the PC's power up every time. This error message will keep on the screen, if you don't press any button, you won't boot to windows.

"Invalid or missing product information"
"The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid."
"System Board (00A) - Product Name, Product Serial Number, Product Number"
"For more information please visit: http://www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup";

Sadly I didn't backup the old bios before I did the dumb operation.
And without MPM mode unlock(SMC.bin required), no way to edit the missing information.
AFUDOS also fail to edit the DMI information, probably MPM locked is kind of write protection.

With programmer I dumped currently BIOS.(upgrade to F.01)
but tried with any modification to the bios through Winhex or AMIBC will lead to black screen at boot.

I do have a idea like only replace the UUID to 32 "F", then use FSMC.bin to unlock MPM, but the tool comes from notebook tool package, not sure it will work on desktop motherboard or not. I'll try it later.

Anyway to add some strings to the system IDs to bypass the error message (with programmer)?

Thanks

Update: 

I failed in modding the UUID to 32 "F", with a 32 "F" UUID image flashed BIOS, it will change to something else after power up.

Problem solved by modding the BIOS.
I finally find the byte which control MPM mode in BIOS dump. It's 38899h
After set the byte to 00(01 is MPM locked).
I can modify the System IDs with AMIDEDOS or HP BIOS Configuration Utility.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)