Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6363
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424493
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224612
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169365
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Problem upgrading bios from HP dv7-6b63us
#1
Hi,

I bought a HP laptop dv7-6B63us and it comes with bios version F.12. I checked with HP website and I did not see this version F.12, I only see the latest version is F.02. I then tried to flash the F.02 to my laptop by downloading spxxxxxx file from HP website and run the InsydeFlash file to flash; but the flashing process failed due to this error "Boot error can not downgrade ...". I then edit the platform.ini file and change the flag for "version_check" to 0 to disable version check. But I still have the same error. I don't know what to do. I also use the HP BIOS recovery process menu in the BIOS and it failed to update every time. I even tried to update through USB recovery process; but that did not change a thing. I am stuck and I need some help to downgrade this invaild version F.12 to F.02. Please help. By the way, I still have an HP_Tools partion at my hard drive. Another thing,
do you know how to backup the current version in the bios? F.12 was not for my laptop; but somehow it worked well without any problem. I also tried to use the flashit utility to flash; but it failed again.

Thank you
find
quote
#2
(03-13-2012, 05:12 AM)tuanngnt Wrote: Hi,

I bought a HP laptop dv7-6B63us and it comes with bios version F.12. I checked with HP website and I did not see this version F.12, I only see the latest version is F.02. I then tried to flash the F.02 to my laptop by downloading spxxxxxx file from HP website and run the InsydeFlash file to flash; but the flashing process failed due to this error "Boot error can not downgrade ...". I then edit the platform.ini file and change the flag for "version_check" to 0 to disable version check. But I still have the same error. I don't know what to do. I also use the HP BIOS recovery process menu in the BIOS and it failed to update every time. I even tried to update through USB recovery process; but that did not change a thing. I am stuck and I need some help to downgrade this invaild version F.12 to F.02. Please help. By the way, I still have an HP_Tools partion at my hard drive. Another thing,
do you know how to backup the current version in the bios? F.12 was not for my laptop; but somehow it worked well without any problem. I also tried to use the flashit utility to flash; but it failed again.

Thank you

What would you rather have in your pocket: $.12 or $.02?
 I'm sure there might be some proggy that can restore a particular corrupted BIOS or, possibly the asus DUAL BIOS can delete a corrupted one on an asus machine,
but short of a new PLD or whatever they use in the Pavillion, methinks your esrcued.

Suggest you sign up for an HP care package and tell them about the improper downdgrade. 
(But prepare to pay , HP is not cheap after warranty, particularly for parts).
ALTHOUGH, I'm new here so maybe someone else has a solution.

BTW, I have the same model and my BIOS is F.1C  
Been looking to see if there's a later one, because it doesn't appear that these simple simon settings will allow me to upgrade to an SSD.

I see that your's is an old post, but lemme know what happened or if you've upped to a later BIOS.
Thanx Wink
find
quote
#3
Here You go :

http://rghost.net/6nbybqcrJ

http://rghost.net/8zQGZxJVg

Let me know
Regards

Donate to me for my work and time . . . look into my Signature Wink

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)