Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 791
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107987
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14354
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425630
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227540
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119712
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Problem with BIOS on my HP DV7 2120sn
#1
Confused

Hi

I have problem with BIOS on my HP DV7 2120sn

I have downloaded the last BIOS version from HP support and I have tried update it from F.17 Rev.         to       F.19 Rev.              but it was the bad idea.

My Hp doesn't work anymore. I have tried to recover  with many instructions from USB but it still doesn't want to load bios.


The notenbook doesn't support HP System BIOS Update Utility because it is old (y 2009).




This model has insyde bios
I have tried it
https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/...-recovery/

I have renamed usb to "HP_TOOLS", formated every time


capslock + num blink two times
...
no changes.






Please help me!
find
quote
#2
Hello!
What's recovery did you tried?3059?
Format your usb drive to "HP_RECOVERY", if it not works then to "HP_TOOLS"
Make copy to USB stick following files
3059.bin
3059.rom
3059.fd
All bioses are same but extensions are different.
find
quote
#3
(07-05-2016, 01:47 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Hello!
What's recovery did you tried?3059?
Format your usb drive to "HP_RECOVERY", if it not works then to "HP_TOOLS"
Make copy to USB stick following files
3059.bin
3059.rom
3059.fd
All bioses are same but extensions are different.
Hi Da Vinci Code

Yes, I've tried 3059 and 3060 too.
Renamed usb drive. It doesn't works.

I hear only several beep signals in the beginning and nothing more. (number of beeps depends how many files on the usb)



Sad
find
quote
#4
I want to give you one thing.
Your laptop have very famous MB among laptop servicemen.
It contains very unstable North Bridge and it can give malfunction also.
Don't overheat laptop so you can keep it out service.
I have no idea how recover it, so SPI PGM+Pomona Soic8 Clip is your last chanceSad
find
quote
#5
(07-05-2016, 04:02 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: I want to give you one thing.
Your laptop have very famous MB among laptop servicemen.
It contains very unstable North Bridge and it can give malfunction also.
Don't overheat laptop so you can keep it out service.
I have no idea how recover it, so SPI PGM+Pomona Soic8 Clip is your last chanceSad

Hi Da Vinci Code

I don't understand about how I should rename the Bios file. I tried to use Phoenix/Insyde Tool. I have got

folder ''DUMP" and files:
3059F17.FD (original BIOS),
3059F17_SLIC.FD,
SLIC.

Do you have any idea about it?


Must HDD be inside or it doesn't matter?

BR
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)