Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424132
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309501
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

[REMOVED] DV6-3071tx Whitelist Removal
#41
(08-18-2011, 09:36 PM)deephaus Wrote: @axiste - is this still working good after the reinstall of Windows?

@camiloml - Thanks for all your great work! Could you please post the working modified bios for sp50942 again in your mediafire folder?

Be careful, I downloaded the file from the 100% folder, flashed it on my laptop and the BIOS got corrupted.... Won't boot at all.
find
#42
hmmm, strange, this bioses (sigcheck and RSA) suffer from a problem on some machines, if you enter bios setup after flashing it you get corruption, you should configure well bios setup with an original bios and then flash the nonwhitelisted to use your new wifi adapter. I know it is a PITA but at the moment is the only way.

If you suffer the black screen problem try removing cmos battery for a minute. Laptop should go back to life and you can flash stock bios to configure. Then if you want go back to nonwhitelisted bios.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#43
(08-19-2011, 04:52 AM)camiloml Wrote: hmmm, strange, this bioses (sigcheck and RSA) suffer from a problem on some machines, if you enter bios setup after flashing it you get corruption, you should configure well bios setup with an original bios and then flash the nonwhitelisted to use your new wifi adapter. I know it is a PITA but at the moment is the only way.

If you suffer the black screen problem try removing cmos battery for a minute. Laptop should go back to life and you can flash stock bios to configure. Then if you want go back to nonwhitelisted bios.

Thanks Camiloml! Smile Well, I did not enter the BIOS setup right after flashing. It just automatically went for BIOS restore... Unfortunately I did'nt quite get axiste's process of restoring.. I had to wade through Google.... I was a bit helpless and had second thoughts if I should turn off the laptop since it kept on failing in the BIOS restore. I was afraid the laptop would no longer turn on, (if I power down the laptop) and boot from the BIOS restore - Which to my dismay, indeed was the case!!. It would no longer go to the restore process! It wont read the files from the USB pen...

And then I removed the HDD, plug it to my other laptop via my e-SATA+USB to SATA cable. Extracted the 01448.bin and 01448.sig file from the HP_Update partition and saved it on my USB pen formatted it and installed the HP BIOS Uefi tools in it. I then took out the HDD of the affected laptop and plug it in my desktop. Ran HP BIOS Uefi tools to install in that HDD and placed te extracted 01448.bin and 01448.sig in the created partition.... What do you know, after I placed it back in my DV6t-3000 CTO and plug in the USB pen as well, it turned on and started to do the BIOS restore again..

Voila!!! IT'S A-L-I-V-E!!! Tongue

Note to self:
1. make sure to back up the 01448.bin and 01448.sig from the HP_Tools partition in a safe place.

2. After 5 hours trying to figure it out and with barely 2 hours of sleep, it's time to hit the sack Tongue

Again, I'm back to business, although with a locked whitelist BIOS.... Oh well, we can't aways get waht we want... Might as well puchase this and hope it works Smile
find
#44
The procedure with this bios is.

1º Remove or rename HPTOOLS partition from the HD (i know it's risky but without the partition present the USB stick is always read in case of disaster)
2º Config bios setup params using original bios flashed.
3º Flash modded bios and nevermore enter setup, if you want to enter setup to change anything then you must flash before original bios.

That's it.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#45
(08-19-2011, 06:34 AM)camiloml Wrote: The procedure with this bios is.

3º Flash modded bios and nevermore enter setup, if you want to enter setup to change anything then you must flash before original bios.

That's it.

Perhaps it's the hp Quickweb application that got in the way. I remember it got to the point of it loading, and when Windows was about to load, that's when the BIOS recovery kicked in.

Just a thought: Isn't it that when updating the BIOS of these models, any previous settings in the BIOS (like Virtualization, hp Quickweb, boot settings, etc.), would revert to default settings (the things I mentioned are disabled by default)? So, right after flashing with the whitelist-unlocked BIOS, these things are disabled and therefore any previous personal setting to the original BIOS is moot.

BTW, thank you for your great effort in this forum and the community as a whole. Much appreciated.
find
#46
As long as bios versions (original and modded) be the same settings must not get restored to default.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)