Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424250
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3567
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 167
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223990
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119116
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6749
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309580
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20230
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169180
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6281
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61132

[REQUEST] ACER 1830Z BIOS MOD ??
#1
Recently I bought a true beauty for super cheaps, a totally unused, in sealed box Acer 1830Z !!


I was looking for an unlocked BIOS, and I found one made by Camilo M.L. but... the one setting I still cannot access is VRAM allocation for my Intel HD IGPU. It is 128MB and technically should share up to 1760MB, but if I try to run a game and it exceeds the 128MB, the game crashes usually...  Sad

Anyone knows if its possible to unlock this feature or maybe even enable it? I tried to do it myself, but I am afraid I am not skillful enough  Sad

Any help will be appreciated!  Big Grin
find
quote
#2
Where is the other MOD BIOS, we can start from where it leaves off, maybe. But, I checked BIOS you linked, and see this, so unless the other mod add something someone else will have to step in to help, for me it's impossible to add to this only change defaults (It's done in assembler and I can't)
[Image: DMDX9gs.png]
find
quote
#3
Thanks for the fast reply! So from what I can see, there is hope! Allocating 256MB would be nice if it was possible. Kinda want to be greedy and squeeze 512MB Tongue

But yes, I attach the bios modded by Camilo M.L. Smile He was a super moderator here, but hasn't logged since 8-18-2013 Sad
Hope it helps somehow!
find
quote
#4
You're welcome! I will try to help best I can. Thank you for the other BIOS link too, can you link me to that thread so I can read what they changed

So that second setting shown in above image, can you not see that in BIOS, to change to 256MB? Or can you not see either option?
I assumed the first one Pre-allocated is what you needed to increase, and 128MB is the limit until someone can add another value via assembly. Same for second option too, 256MB would be max, unless someone who knows how to use assembler can add another entry with larger value.

I can adjust what is default, and or possibly make these options visible to you now if they are not already.
If they are not, do you have this BIOS tab >> InsydeH2O Setup Utility (or setup, or main, with following inside) sub-menu >> Video Configuration

If you do not, but have the following three, I could maybe switch it in (Disabling/removing one of those menus to add video config instead)
But you would loose access to all settings contained within any of those you choose to switch
Platform Thermal Configuration, Cpu Thermal Configuration, Intelligent Power Sharing

Or, we could simply try to change total GFX memory size to 256MB.

Do you have flash programmer?
find
quote
#5
Sorry for the delay!

Ok, so I have those options, and its exactly as in the screenshot you have uploaded. I can set pre-allocated to 128MB and total to 256MB only Sad
I rly wish I was a bios programmer so I could add more values, like pre-allocated 512MB and total 1024MB  Big Grin

And about my flash programmer.. It's back at my home, somewhere 9000km away from my current place of stay  Dodgy
find
quote
#6
Since you already have those options, no need to worry about flash programmer, since I don't need to edit to enable. Someone can probably increase those values, but I am not skilled enough for that.

Maybe @DeathBringer knows someone here that can do assembly?
find
quote
#7
I tried to download the EzH2O and managed to find version 2.1.0.4 but it kinda crashes when I try to lad the bios file  Undecided

So no luck even in finding a proper software
find
quote
#8
It opens in several versions of EZH2O, but nothing you can do in there related to what you want, setup menu options do not fully display like you would normally see in Intel BIOS, only very short abbreviated version of the usual 100+ settings. It opens fine in these versions 2.1.0.13, 100.00.02.10, 100.00.02.13
[Image: Jk8aNYy.png]

This either due to not full Intel BIOS, or public available versions are not correct ones to properly display this BIOS.
find
quote
#9
This time I managed to get version 100.00.02.13 and it I managed to open it. It really is surprisingly short.
By the way, the "Intel" option which is visible in the Main set, is not actually visible in the bios itself.
find
quote
#10
Yes, that is the shortest menu list I've ever seen in this app, I think it's because it's not right tool or version.

Or, is that the only options in your BIOS?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)