Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108065
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425664
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227644
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310612
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62228

[REQUEST] ASUS K50ID virtualization unlock
#1
Hello, guys!
I need an unlocked BIOS for laptop ASUS K50ID with the ability to enable virtualization.
This is needed to run VMware on my old bucket. My Intel P9600 processor supports virtualization, but I can't enable it.
I tried this mod: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...nd-Updated
This BIOS does not contain the settings I need. Help me add it
Thanks!
find
quote
#2
(10-23-2023, 11:15 AM)anarki Wrote: I need an unlocked BIOS for laptop ASUS K50ID with the ability to enable virtualization.
I could not add a setting to enable virtualization, there is no such to unlock. But I tried enabling VT feature manually: K50IDAS_217_Modded.rar. It is based on this mod.

If you had already installed bios from the "ASUS K50ID Unlocked and Updated" thread, this one will be possible to install via ezflash only.
find
quote
#3
(10-24-2023, 02:34 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 11:15 AM)anarki Wrote: I need an unlocked BIOS for laptop ASUS K50ID with the ability to enable virtualization.
I could not add a setting to enable virtualization, there is no such to unlock. But I tried enabling VT feature manually: K50IDAS_217_Modded.rar. It is based on this mod.

If you had already installed bios from the "ASUS K50ID Unlocked and Updated" thread, this one will be possible to install via ezflash only.
Thank you. I flashed BIOS, but VMWare not starting yet.
Maybe there are some other virtualization settings for Core2Duo? VMWare displays:
   
find
quote
#4
(10-24-2023, 10:37 AM)anarki Wrote: VMWare not starting yet.
What error you had with stock bios? The same?
find
quote
#5
Actually, I had such a problem. It was on a TOSHIBA Satellite L300 PSLB0E laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 processor. Although it has virtualization support, but some other things are needed that my old processor simply does not have. I solved it by installing an older version of VMware (10 version). In the new versions, as I understand, the processor should not only have virtualization support, but also some other instructions that Core 2 Duo most likely does not have.

After installing the VMware 10 version, this problem disappeared. Here you need to experimentally pick up the latest version of VMware, which works fine and does not require anything extra from the processor
find
quote
#6
(10-24-2023, 12:02 PM)VasyaHP2007 Wrote: I solved it by installing an older version of VMware (10 version).
Indeed.
There are some Q&A topics from VMware forum proving this.
1. Topic 460117;
2. Topic 446571.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)