Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3540
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 203
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 157
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 245
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223638
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119089
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 233
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6729
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 344
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309472
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61897
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 559
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20208
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169119
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6253
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 759
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5729
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61093
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274931
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 877

[REQUEST] ASUS K50ID virtualization unlock
#1
Hello, guys!
I need an unlocked BIOS for laptop ASUS K50ID with the ability to enable virtualization.
This is needed to run VMware on my old bucket. My Intel P9600 processor supports virtualization, but I can't enable it.
I tried this mod: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...nd-Updated
This BIOS does not contain the settings I need. Help me add it
Thanks!
find
quote
#2
(10-23-2023, 11:15 AM)anarki Wrote: I need an unlocked BIOS for laptop ASUS K50ID with the ability to enable virtualization.
I could not add a setting to enable virtualization, there is no such to unlock. But I tried enabling VT feature manually: K50IDAS_217_Modded.rar. It is based on this mod.

If you had already installed bios from the "ASUS K50ID Unlocked and Updated" thread, this one will be possible to install via ezflash only.
find
quote
#3
(10-24-2023, 02:34 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 11:15 AM)anarki Wrote: I need an unlocked BIOS for laptop ASUS K50ID with the ability to enable virtualization.
I could not add a setting to enable virtualization, there is no such to unlock. But I tried enabling VT feature manually: K50IDAS_217_Modded.rar. It is based on this mod.

If you had already installed bios from the "ASUS K50ID Unlocked and Updated" thread, this one will be possible to install via ezflash only.
Thank you. I flashed BIOS, but VMWare not starting yet.
Maybe there are some other virtualization settings for Core2Duo? VMWare displays:
   
find
quote
#4
(10-24-2023, 10:37 AM)anarki Wrote: VMWare not starting yet.
What error you had with stock bios? The same?
find
quote
#5
Actually, I had such a problem. It was on a TOSHIBA Satellite L300 PSLB0E laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 processor. Although it has virtualization support, but some other things are needed that my old processor simply does not have. I solved it by installing an older version of VMware (10 version). In the new versions, as I understand, the processor should not only have virtualization support, but also some other instructions that Core 2 Duo most likely does not have.

After installing the VMware 10 version, this problem disappeared. Here you need to experimentally pick up the latest version of VMware, which works fine and does not require anything extra from the processor
find
quote
#6
(10-24-2023, 12:02 PM)VasyaHP2007 Wrote: I solved it by installing an older version of VMware (10 version).
Indeed.
There are some Q&A topics from VMware forum proving this.
1. Topic 460117;
2. Topic 446571.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)