Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425658
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227626
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310608
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

[REQUEST] ASUS N56VZ BIOS Unlock
#1
Experienced overclocker here,

But this is my first time with bios modifying stuff.

Recently bought a ASUS N56VZ lappy. My Aptio BIOS does not have overclocking feature so Intel XTU fails to work. I read that you guys can modify it. I tried fiddling with MMTool but i'm no expert on it.

I'm uploading the latest bios here if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Thanks in advance.


Attached Files
.zip   N56VZAS211.zip (Size: 2.63 MB / Downloads: 77)
find
quote
#2
Can't give you XTU, but I can get you some other bios improvements.

BCLK OC, ram settings, turbo limits etc..

I can do it for you, but it takes a long time to do (it's simple but repetitive).


All you need is AMIBCP version 4.53, obtainable here:
UPDATE 14 JAN: CLEVO P170HM3 (incl. Aptio MMTOOL 4.5 & AMIBCP 4.53)

Open your bios with AMIBCP, find the option you want to unlock. Change the "access/use" for that option to "user".
Also change the access/use for the parent menu of that option.

In fact you can change every single instance of access/use to user to make sure you unlock everything possible.

Save the bios and flash.
find
quote
#3
(10-15-2012, 07:53 AM)moral hazard Wrote: Can't give you XTU, but I can get you some other bios improvements.

BCLK OC, ram settings, turbo limits etc..

I can do it for you, but it takes a long time to do (it's simple but repetitive).


All you need is AMIBCP version 4.53, obtainable here:
UPDATE 14 JAN: CLEVO P170HM3 (incl. Aptio MMTOOL 4.5 & AMIBCP 4.53)

Open your bios with AMIBCP, find the option you want to unlock. Change the "access/use" for that option to "user".
Also change the access/use for the parent menu of that option.

In fact you can change every single instance of access/use to user to make sure you unlock everything possible.

Save the bios and flash.


Thanks for the info.
Change seems easy, but flash it seems impossible
I tried various versions of AFUDOS, with BUPDATER, but nothing.
Just a curios, with which program should be flashed?
find
quote
#4
Try AFUwin, the aptio version, I have attached it to this post.


Attached Files
.zip   Aptio.zip (Size: 2.58 MB / Downloads: 115)
find
quote
#5
This also gives an error:

3 - Error: ROM file does not match existing BIOS size
find
quote
#6
Hmm, never had this problem before.

How many things did you change with amibcp?
find
quote
#7
many in the ADVANCED MENU, this evening i'll try again from the beginning...
surely I have done wrong something,
could you try to modify this bios? Only MEMORY Frequency/Timings, just for compare it with the original, I would be interested to learn ...
find
quote
#8
I will try, but I have to sleep and then go to work so it may be a while to wait.
find
quote
#9
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, please try the attached file and see if anything memory related is unlocked.


Attached Files
.zip   ram.zip (Size: 2.63 MB / Downloads: 79)
find
quote
#10
First of all, thanks for your time.

I tried to flash the bios, but without success.....
with AFUDOS "3 - Error: ROM file does not match existing BIOS size"
with BUPDATER "BIOS has no module update available!"
with AFUwingui "Error :Firmware does not have flash (AFUWINGUI) Support"
with AFUwinX64 "Error Tongueroble Getting Flash Information"
with WINFLASH "INVALID FILE"
with START EASY FLASH in BIOS "bios is TOO OLD"

Just for curios, I tried to flash a original bios, and I can flash only with WINFLASH or START EASY FLASH in BIOS, with other method the same ERROR.

Any ideas or should I give up?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)