Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424190
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223891
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309541
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169166
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6271
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5741
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61122
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274960

[REQUEST] ASUS N56VZ BIOS Unlock
#1
Experienced overclocker here,

But this is my first time with bios modifying stuff.

Recently bought a ASUS N56VZ lappy. My Aptio BIOS does not have overclocking feature so Intel XTU fails to work. I read that you guys can modify it. I tried fiddling with MMTool but i'm no expert on it.

I'm uploading the latest bios here if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Thanks in advance.


Attached Files
.zip   N56VZAS211.zip (Size: 2.63 MB / Downloads: 77)
find
quote
#2
Can't give you XTU, but I can get you some other bios improvements.

BCLK OC, ram settings, turbo limits etc..

I can do it for you, but it takes a long time to do (it's simple but repetitive).


All you need is AMIBCP version 4.53, obtainable here:
UPDATE 14 JAN: CLEVO P170HM3 (incl. Aptio MMTOOL 4.5 & AMIBCP 4.53)

Open your bios with AMIBCP, find the option you want to unlock. Change the "access/use" for that option to "user".
Also change the access/use for the parent menu of that option.

In fact you can change every single instance of access/use to user to make sure you unlock everything possible.

Save the bios and flash.
find
quote
#3
(10-15-2012, 07:53 AM)moral hazard Wrote: Can't give you XTU, but I can get you some other bios improvements.

BCLK OC, ram settings, turbo limits etc..

I can do it for you, but it takes a long time to do (it's simple but repetitive).


All you need is AMIBCP version 4.53, obtainable here:
UPDATE 14 JAN: CLEVO P170HM3 (incl. Aptio MMTOOL 4.5 & AMIBCP 4.53)

Open your bios with AMIBCP, find the option you want to unlock. Change the "access/use" for that option to "user".
Also change the access/use for the parent menu of that option.

In fact you can change every single instance of access/use to user to make sure you unlock everything possible.

Save the bios and flash.


Thanks for the info.
Change seems easy, but flash it seems impossible
I tried various versions of AFUDOS, with BUPDATER, but nothing.
Just a curios, with which program should be flashed?
find
quote
#4
Try AFUwin, the aptio version, I have attached it to this post.


Attached Files
.zip   Aptio.zip (Size: 2.58 MB / Downloads: 115)
find
quote
#5
This also gives an error:

3 - Error: ROM file does not match existing BIOS size
find
quote
#6
Hmm, never had this problem before.

How many things did you change with amibcp?
find
quote
#7
many in the ADVANCED MENU, this evening i'll try again from the beginning...
surely I have done wrong something,
could you try to modify this bios? Only MEMORY Frequency/Timings, just for compare it with the original, I would be interested to learn ...
find
quote
#8
I will try, but I have to sleep and then go to work so it may be a while to wait.
find
quote
#9
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, please try the attached file and see if anything memory related is unlocked.


Attached Files
.zip   ram.zip (Size: 2.63 MB / Downloads: 79)
find
quote
#10
First of all, thanks for your time.

I tried to flash the bios, but without success.....
with AFUDOS "3 - Error: ROM file does not match existing BIOS size"
with BUPDATER "BIOS has no module update available!"
with AFUwingui "Error :Firmware does not have flash (AFUWINGUI) Support"
with AFUwinX64 "Error Tongueroble Getting Flash Information"
with WINFLASH "INVALID FILE"
with START EASY FLASH in BIOS "bios is TOO OLD"

Just for curios, I tried to flash a original bios, and I can flash only with WINFLASH or START EASY FLASH in BIOS, with other method the same ERROR.

Any ideas or should I give up?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)