Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 12:16 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 29
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317087
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101055
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2520
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40961
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 335
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55307
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6566
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 144
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 89
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52174
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167157
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 238
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 326
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 140
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6332
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

[REQUEST] ASUS TUF A15 FA506IV BIOS Unlock
Lightbulb 
ASUS TUF A15 FA506IV BIOS Unlock Request.

I would like to have AMD CBS Menu, and many hidden settings unlock, so people can customize their device more.
Especially in the memory timing and clock regards, also adding Resizable BAR or anything regarding Smart Access Memory Support would be nice.

I've made a dump of BIOS  from CH341A SPI Programmer, so If anyone could instruct or make a Modded BIOS for me, Thanks.

Dumped BIOS from  A15
find
Hello KnoxMe,

I will take a look at this UEFI image.

I will let you know that this is my first AMI-specific mod, though it is not my first UEFI mod. UEFI is the modern replacement for BIOS. I have modified Phoenix UEFI so far and AMI is very similar to Phoenix.

Could you take a second backup and upload it as well? I want to confirm that they are identical. In the very unlikely event that something goes wrong, a reliable backup will allow you to recover. This is merely a precaution.

In the mean time, I will search for these settings. I can confirm at this point that there is a hidden AMD CBS menu that contains exciting settings such as Overclock, Memory Clock Speed, Performance, DRAM Timing Configuration, DRAM Power Options, and more.

I will complete the mod on your first backup and await your second backup to confirm they are consistent.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(06-26-2021, 10:25 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello KnoxMe,

I will take a look at this UEFI image.

I will let you know that this is my first AMI-specific mod, though it is not my first UEFI mod. UEFI is the modern replacement for BIOS. I have modified Phoenix UEFI so far and AMI is very similar to Phoenix.

Could you take a second backup and upload it as well? I want to confirm that they are identical. In the very unlikely event that something goes wrong, a reliable backup will allow you to recover. This is merely a precaution.

In the mean time, I will search for these settings. I can confirm at this point that there is a hidden AMD CBS menu that contains settings such as Overclock, Memory Clock Speed, Performance, DRAM Timing Configuration, DRAM Power Options, and more.

Thanks, I'll fetch another BIOS dump for u. w8 a sec.
find
Could you also post a picture of a BIOS menu that has settings in it?

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(06-26-2021, 11:12 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Could you also post a picture of a BIOS menu that has settings in it?

All uploaded in the Google Drive attached.  Smile
find
I forgot to mention earlier that BIOS dumps are different each time the computer is rebooted. Could you take 2 BIOS dumps in a row without restarting the laptop and upload each of the files please? Thanks and sorry for the misunderstanding (especially if you have to re-open your notebook).

It appears that the dumps are very likely consistent, but I am not familiar with all of the changes that occur between reboots so I cannot yet say for certain that they are. This isn't necessary for the mod, but if you do this, we can be sure that the backup is clean. I am 90% sure right now.

www find
(06-27-2021, 12:03 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: I forgot to mention earlier that BIOS dumps are different each time the computer is rebooted. Could you take 2 BIOS dumps in a row without restarting the laptop and upload each of the files please? Thanks and sorry for the misunderstanding (especially if you have to re-open your notebook).

It appears that the dumps are very likely consistent, but I am not familiar with all of the changes that occur between reboots so I cannot yet say for certain that they are. This isn't necessary for the mod, but if you do this, we can be sure that the backup is clean. I am 90% sure right now.

Can I use AFUWin instead?  Big Grin
find
Yes!

www find
(06-27-2021, 12:31 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Yes!

Uploaded the new freshly dumped BIOS using CH341 Programmer Smile
In Gdrive.
find
I am pleased to inform you that the two backups are identical and differ from the previous ones in the same manner that they differed from each other! If anything goes wrong, you can safely restore from this backup.

Earlier I said that AMI UEFI mods for adding settings was similar to Phoenix UEFI in many ways, allowing me to perform the mod. This is true for many AMI UEFI notebooks with an *Intel* CPU. The story is different for notebooks with AMD CPUs, however. AMI UEFI images often contain all of the visible menus in a single Setup module (extracted file from the backup image). They also might have some hidden menus that are contained within the Setup module but not displayed. The CBS Menu - specific to AMD - however, is stored in another module entirely (named CbsSetupDxeRN). The unique challenge here is to link the Setup module to this separate module containing the CBS Menu.

I will happily pursue this mod if you wish. It would be a great learning experience for me and I will be able to offer this AMD-specific mod - as well as a comprehensive guide on how to perform it - to other community members. However, this first AMD-specific AMI mod will take me longer than it will take other modders. Further, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to unlock the CBS menu (I can only say probably). It may take 2 or 3 or more flashes instead of 1. Knowing this, would you like me to pursue this mod, or have another modder field this request? There is no pressure or hard feelings either way. Let me know.

www find