Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Today 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 25879
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
Yesterday 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 93
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
Yesterday 03:23 PM
» Views: 79
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6102
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
Yesterday 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219901
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
Yesterday 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 150
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
Yesterday 08:28 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98371
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 23980
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 323756
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 989
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 283
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 541985
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 237
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 206
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656345
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20430
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: alvaro8905
04-13-2024 05:25 PM
» Replies: 673
» Views: 163510
Lenovo Yoga 14s (slim7Gen 8)
04-13-2024 03:32 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 649

[REQUEST] ASUS TUF A15 FA506IV BIOS Unlock
I'm kinda an experimental die-hard fans myself.
I also have the CH341A Programmer ready.
I have almost zero risk of bricking my laptop so,

You can proceed to pursue this modding.
I'm rooting for you Confusedmile:
Thank you so much for your work.
find
Awesome! Thank you for this opportunity! I will make sure to make the most of it and write up a comprehensive tutorial so that others may perform this mod as well when we are done.

I have a few ideas right now.

1.) There is another module named AMITSE that seems to have something to do with which modules are selected to show the BIOS menus. I've seen this in various places. Maybe there is a list of short FormIDs there. I will investigate this further.

2.) We could go crazy and outright swap the code in the setup module with the code in the CBS module and see what happens (either only CBS will show up or nothing will show up in the BIOS Setup Utility). I will also likely need to modify functions that may hide sub-menus based on certain conditions. This would be a quick and easy mod to test tonight if you wish. EDIT: a slightly more elegant approach to this would be to simply switch the GUIDs (16 byte identifier/name for each module) at the tops of the two modules.

No guarantees the second option would work. Even if it does, the ideal final mod will not include such a shortcut method of unlocking the CBS menu.

I will be reaching out to BDMaster for his knowledge on this as well.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
I don't mind if we go crazy btw xD.

Also the first option, take a look at Genius239 modded BIOS for ASUS FX505DU, as he successfully integrated AMD CBS into the BIOS.
find
Alright, attached to this post is the GUID-swap mod. One of two results is expected: (1) The CBS Menu is the only menu that shows up. (2) You can enter the BIOS Setup Utility but no menus show up.

WARNING: DO NOT FLASH THIS MODIFIED IMAGE TITLED "FA506IV_Setup-CBS_GUIDswap" IF YOU ARE NOT KnoxMe. IT MIGHT BRICK YOUR COMPUTER.

Two other results are possible, the former due to my incomplete knowledge:
(3) Somehow, the same normal menus show up. (4) Attempting to enter the BIOS Setup Utility causes the computer to stall or crash.

Thank you for the reference. I will check this out.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it appears that there is a Chipset Menu that I can unlock right now. This should give you some settings to play around with (included the memory frequency one) while you await the bigger mod. Smile I'll unhide that right now.

Attached Files
.rar   FA506IV_Setup-CBS_GUIDswap.rar (Size: 4.85 MB / Downloads: 20)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello!

I have completed my first attempt at unlocking the Chipset Menu.

It was actually more and less simple than I originally imagined. It was simpler in that I only had to edit two bytes. It was less simple in that the mod required me to "swap" the positions of the Main and Chipset menus. I think there might be a function outside of the Setup module (or some place in the Setup module that is outside the norm that I expect) that defines which menu positions are supposed to be shown vs. hidden. I will investigate this further, though I may need to develop my reverse engineering skills first.

My expectation going into this mod was that there was a SUPPRESS_IF function that makes some kind of comparison that would be hiding the Chipset Menu. This was not the case, which is why I swapped the Main and Chipset menus.

Attached Files
.rar   FA506IV_UnlockChipsetMenu_Attempt1_swapShortIdentifiersInSetup.rar (Size: 4.85 MB / Downloads: 12)

www find
Laptop doesn't boot up at all.
Am I doing anything wrong?

Flashed BIOS via CH341A Programmer V1.4
find
Huh... Guess that didn't work.

Does it try to boot into the OS or show anything on the screen at all?

If not, I'm not sure why it wouldn't boot at all. The mod should only impact the BIOS menus.

I guess reflash the original BIOS dump then. The second mod I posted should work, unlike this one.

www find
(06-27-2021, 03:58 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Huh... Guess that didn't work.

If not, I'm not sure why it wouldn't boot at all. The mod should only impact the BIOS menus.

I guess reflash the original BIOS dump then. The second mod I posted should work, unlike this one.
Do you have any recommended tools for using CH341 programmer?

I even tried flashing original BIOS, but my device doesn't start up at all.
find
(06-27-2021, 04:13 AM)KnoxMe Wrote:

No worries. We will try a few different things. Your backup is consistent for sure. The AFU (software) and SPI (hardware) backups are consistent with each other and the double-dumps were identical. This puts you in a great position.

Let's start with the programming software. I am assuming you used the software that came bundled with the programmer with a name something like "CH341A - USB Programmer 1.30" (maybe with a different version number at the end). I have found that AsProgrammer works better. You can find a github link to this program as well as a tutorial on how to use it here: https://www.onetransistor.eu/2018/11/use...ndows.html

Let me know if the program is in Russian and the "Language" menu (spelled in English) at the top has no contents. I fixed this somehow, but I don't remember what I did. However that was resolved, I have an English copy if you need it.

After clicking "Read ID", take a picture of the resulting values in the bottom left corner of the window. Please post them here if this upcoming flash attempt doesn't work. This will allow me to verify the clip has a good connection with the chip and the chip is being identified properly.

To flash the chip, click "Programm IC". This will likely take more than 30 seconds.

Try this with one of the SPI backups ("FA506IV.rom" or "FA506IV_backup.rom") and one of the software backups ("A15original.rom").

I expect this to work since you were able to get a consistent backup earlier, but if it doesn't either (1) you need to remove the CMOS battery while flashing or (2) your BIOS chip requires 1.8v or 3.3v instead of the 5v (I believe) supplied by default by the CH341A. If you post the numbers on your BIOS chip, we may be able to look up the chip and its requirements.

If your chip requires 1.8v, then a modification will have to be performed on your CH341A or you'll need to purchase the 1.8v adapter for the CH341A.

Let me know how it goes.

www find
(06-27-2021, 04:34 AM)Sml6397 Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 04:13 AM)KnoxMe Wrote:

No worries. We will try a few different things. Your backup is consistent for sure. The AFU (software) and SPI (hardware) backups are consistent with each other and the double-dumps were identical. This puts you in a great position.

Let's start with the programming software. I am assuming you used the software that came bundled with the programmer with a name something like "CH341A - USB Programmer 1.30" (maybe with a different version number at the end). I have found that AsProgrammer works better. You can find a github link to this program as well as a tutorial on how to use it here: https://www.onetransistor.eu/2018/11/use...ndows.html

Let me know if the program is in Russian and the "Language" menu (spelled in English) at the top has no contents. I fixed this somehow, but I don't remember what I did. However that was resolved, I have an English copy if you need it.

After clicking "Read ID", take a picture of the resulting values in the bottom left corner of the window. Please post them here if this upcoming flash attempt doesn't work. This will allow me to verify the clip has a good connection with the chip and the chip is being identified properly.

To flash the chip, click "Programm IC". This will likely take more than 30 seconds.

Try this with one of the SPI backups ("FA506IV.rom" or "FA506IV_backup.rom") and one of the software backups ("A15original.rom").

I expect this to work since you were able to get a consistent backup earlier, but if it doesn't either (1) you need to remove the CMOS battery while flashing or (2) your BIOS chip requires 1.8v or 3.3v instead of the 5v (I believe) supplied by default by the CH341A. If you post the numbers on your BIOS chip, we may be able to look up the chip and its requirements.

If your chip requires 1.8v, then a modification will have to be performed on your CH341A or you'll need to purchase the 1.8v adapter for the CH341A.

Let me know how it goes.
Tried again with AspProgrammer, Chip detected as Gigadevice LQ128C_1.8V and Yes, I'm using 1.8v power to supply the BIOS Chip and I've removed battery cable before flashing or dumping the BIOS.

I think the problem is the former program that was used to dump and flashing the bios. i have a good backup from AFUWIN too, Hope it works.
find