Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71418
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6604
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22096
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41043
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317309
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101114
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 345
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55353
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64147
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4107
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 153
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 104
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52239
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167379
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 246
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 153
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 138

[REQUEST] ASUS TUF A15 FA506IV BIOS Unlock
Okay, I think this mod is it! I feel really good about this one.

Before I continue, I want to give a huge shout out to BDMaster. BDMaster is the one who clarified my understanding about the FormID List Lock mod for this image. If this mod works, thank BDMaster!

I was on the right path looking further into the Form ID lists and figuring out which ones are blocking lists and which ones are just lists of the FormIDs. This is primarily what I've been investigating and trying to figure out for most of the past two days.

Having done all the research and manual inspection of hex code I can, I was going to move onto disassembling the AMITSE module to figure this out - which would have taken a while given my relative lack of experience. Fortunately, BDMaster has figured this out for us - and if this mod works, I am going to use this prior knowledge of which Form ID lists are which to more quickly learn what is going on behind the scenes with the assembly code and then I will post what I learn to this thread.

Please let me know how this goes! If everything goes right, your BIOS Setup Utility should look crazy after this. Expect to see duplicate menus (by names, not by settings), possible unnamed menus, and a Chipset menu. We will fix this later on.

In addition to the FormID List Lock mod, I also applied some more access level edits to the AMITSESetupData module.

EDIT: I got an idea about the CBS Menu. Maybe I can just add the GUID of the chipset menu to the list of menus that appears in the AMITSE module. There is probably a lot more involved, but I will try this basic edit after we get the Chipset Menu working.

-- Reference info about the mod (will add more soon) --

There are 3 lists of the menus that appear or can be made to appear in the BIOS Setup Utility. One of these is just a list of all menus that can appear. This is the longest list. There is also a short form ID list and a long form ID list.

The short form ID list and long form ID list can be lists of menus that receive certain checks to see if they should appear. By removing menus we want to appear from whichever list(s) are blocking lists, we can remove the list lock that often hides menus in the newer Aptio V images. This often must be paired with the access level edit mod changing the desired menus' access levels from Default or Supervisor to User. This mod is described in Post #39.

Attached Files
.rar   FA506IV_ListLockMod.rar (Size: 4.85 MB / Downloads: 80)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
BIG UPDATE: I found a hidden AMD PBS menu! It contains loads of settings. For reference, it resides in a module is named "AmdPbsSetupDxe".

I'll give you some examples: SSD Power Enable (there is a version of this for a large variety of devices such as Camera, USB, HDD, WLAN, and many more); Discrete GPU Hotplug Mode (never heard of this on a laptop?); Discrete GPU D3Cold HPD Support; Discrete GPU HPD Circuitry; Primary Video Adaptor (internal or external, and yes it is misspelled); Wake On Voice; Above 4GB MMIO Limit (can set from 32GB to 256TB); NFC Support; HDMI over USB; various PCIe settings; Wireless LAN Recovery (BIOS recovery over WiFi?); Charger mode (NVDC vs. BYPASS): VDDP Voltage (from +10mv to -100mv); more voltage settings; and more!

This menu will very likely need to be unlocked in the same manner as the AMD CBS Menu. So once we figure out one, we've got the other as well. I'll start working on these two menus if the mod in Post #51 works.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello KnoxMe,

I have completed another mod. This one is for the CBS Menu. This is a start, but it is possible a few more edits will need to be made for the menu to show. I just added the AMD CBS FormID to the Full FormID List in the AMITSE module.

Please try the mod in Post #51 first, however. I am fairly confident that that one will finally show the Chipset Menu, which should include some of the settings you initially requested, such as memory clock frequency/timing/power settings.

This new mod is based on that one, but could also break the setup utility, which is why I want to try the other one first. Let me know!

WARNING: The mod in this post is experimental! Do not flash it if you are not KnoxMe!

www find
Any news on the SPI programmer's arrival or mod flash attempts?

www find
So,modify bios is correct?
find
(09-04-2021, 07:33 AM)RomanF12012 Wrote: So,modify bios is correct?

The BIOS mod from post #51 should have unlocked menus (not including CBS, PBS, etc.). Here it is: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...#pid182764

Keep in mind that if you flash this mod, you will lose certain details in your BIOS like UUID, Serial Number, MAC Addresses, and more.

If you want a BIOS mod that will not erase these details, please use Serg008's BackupTool to get a BIOS dump for me to modify for you: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-N...#pid182958

Upload the results.rar file here.

Do NOT use the BIOS mod from Post #54. That is for research purposes only and I cannot guarantee that it is safe. It might brick (break) your computer.

www find
Wink 
(06-29-2021, 02:28 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Okay, I think this mod is it! I feel really good about this one.

Before I continue, I want to give a huge shout out to BDMaster. BDMaster is the one who clarified my understanding about the FormID List Lock mod for this image. If this mod works, thank BDMaster!

I was on the right path looking further into the Form ID lists and figuring out which ones are blocking lists and which ones are just lists of the FormIDs. This is primarily what I've been investigating and trying to figure out for most of the past two days.

Having done all the research and manual inspection of hex code I can, I was going to move onto disassembling the AMITSE module to figure this out - which would have taken a while given my relative lack of experience. Fortunately, BDMaster has figured this out for us - and if this mod works, I am going to use this prior knowledge of which Form ID lists are which to more quickly learn what is going on behind the scenes with the assembly code and then I will post what I learn to this thread.

Please let me know how this goes! If everything goes right, your BIOS Setup Utility should look crazy after this. Expect to see duplicate menus (by names, not by settings), possible unnamed menus, and a Chipset menu. We will fix this later on.

In addition to the FormID List Lock mod, I also applied some more access level edits to the AMITSESetupData module.

EDIT: I got an idea about the CBS Menu. Maybe I can just add the GUID of the chipset menu to the list of menus that appears in the AMITSE module. There is probably a lot more involved, but I will try this basic edit after we get the Chipset Menu working.

-- Reference info about the mod (will add more soon) --

There are 3 lists of the menus that appear or can be made to appear in the BIOS Setup Utility. One of these is just a list of all menus that can appear. This is the longest list. There is also a short form ID list and a long form ID list.

The short form ID list and long form ID list can be lists of menus that receive certain checks to see if they should appear. By removing menus we want to appear from whichever list(s) are blocking lists, we can remove the list lock that often hides menus in the newer Aptio V images. This often must be paired with the access level edit mod changing the desired menus' access levels from Default or Supervisor to User. This mod is described in Post #39.
find

Hello nivekoso12,

It appears you forgot to include your reply! Are you looking for a BIOS mod? I can comfortably supply one now for this particular laptop. I just need a BIOS backup. Let me know what you are looking for.

~Steven

www find
(10-05-2021, 05:51 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello nivekoso12,

It appears you forgot to include your reply! Are you looking for a BIOS mod? I can comfortably supply one now for this particular laptop. I just need a BIOS backup. Let me know what you are looking for.

~Steven

Are you comfortable, that the modded bios does work or only comfortable, that it (with high probability) won't brick the device?
Because i didn't see any reply, that this bios now works as expected.
I'm considering to buy a C341A flasher, so the adventure of the unlocked bios can continue, they atleast seem to be quite cheap and having a backup solution is never a bad idea.
I've attached the dump made with the Serg008's BackupTool

Thanks for your hard work so far

Attached Files
.rar   results.rar (Size: 5.07 MB / Downloads: 10)
find
Hi there,

Can someone please point out the location where the BIOS SOIC chip resides?
I spent >4 hours Googling before deciding to post to this forum. I have disassembled the device completely, apart from heat-pipes.

I see here you are all using various programming devices, as well as non-invasive techniques.
I specifically want to identify the hardware location, which I read that some of you have done (as opposed to USB flashing methods, noted by some in earlier posts).

(06-27-2021, 02:36 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: (...shortened)
I'd recommend seeing if AFUWIN (...shortened) . I had to order the Pomona 5250 clip in order to flash my test machine.

With the modified image from Post #25, do the normal BIOS menus (Main, Advanced, Security, Boot, Save & Exit) show up or does nothing show up at all?

May be useful for indicating chip location, a photo of front:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi_webp/D0hcm12i4gM/...fault.webp

For the opposite side:
https://ibb.co/GW1M9vj   (blacked-out empty areas/capacitors for file-size)

Thanks for your time Smile
As it is my first post, hopefully I am clearly spoken and appropriate to discussion.
find