Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 795
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108006
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14357
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425642
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227582
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119717
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E5-473G .fd to rom or bin
#1
I'm kinda new to bios flashing and I just follow instructions to avoid spending someone else's time and pretty much try to learn things my self. But this time I'm kinda stuck after failing to recover the bios.

basically when attempting to recover the bios by prepared usb and hitting fn+esc the laptop just turned on and led is steady full fan speed which makes me think that. I did something wrong. But to make sure I left the laptop for a good 5 minutes before turning it off. When trying to attempt a 2nd try the laptop turns on fan spins for 1 second then laptop turns off so I may have screwed the bios. The only option now is to use a eeprom programmer to rewrite the bios to the chip. Thing is I don't think the .fd file is what I need to flash the chip. The laptop wasn't able to boot or load to bios reason I tried to recover the bios so no way for me to get a dump.

Anyone can enlighten me on how to process .fd files into the actual rom or bin file that I can use to flash to a chip?

this is the .fd file.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6a36psaa5...64.fd/file
I'm still reading through some post for possible answer.
Thanks.
find
quote
#2
Hi~~Try this one.
http://www.4file.net/4v3znceq2c74/A4WABX64.fd.html

If it still can't let your laptop boot , i think that you need the dump bios from other people .

find
quote
#3
(10-23-2019, 09:54 AM)genius239 Wrote: Hi~~Try this one.
http://www.4file.net/4v3znceq2c74/A4WABX64.fd.html

If it still can't let your laptop boot , i think that you need the dump bios from other people .

Thanks, I'll try this out. I also found a bin file that someone else requested on another forum. I will try both. Although someone already said that this laptop has this common issue where replacing the CPU is the only fix. If the bios doesn't work then maybe it is the CPU.

will update ya when I finish.
find
quote
#4
I dope during the process. I was wondering why my CH341A was getting too hot. I put the chip backwards.
Both programmer and chip survived. Tongue

I totally wasted a heck lot of time after finding out what the real problem is. It was a bad memory. I skipped testing another memory ON the acer and instead tested the acer's memory on my other laptop which my laptop detects the memory with my other working memory which doesn't actually work without the my other laptop's working memory.

:S wasted a whole heap of time on that. I have to figure out the bios problem. Bios didn't work. I'll look for another W25Q64 chip to try.


But I was able to get a dump of the original bios somewhere.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a02sktd0yn...p.rar/file
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)