Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6520
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308223
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61541
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19940
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168419
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5969
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 516
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5470
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60720
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274664
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 645
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24611
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693610
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173993
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 922
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59533
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43059

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E5-523(G) BIOS Unlock
#1
Hello everyone.

I've been looking for days to enable AMD-V aka Virtualization on my PC. I've updated to the latest BIOS given by Acer themselves (Insyde v1.09), but couldn't find an option to enable it.

I'm requesting a BIOS that will work on my PC and will let me enable Virtualization.

BIOS Version/Date : Insyde Corp. V1.09, 8/3/2016
SMBIOS Version 3.0
BIOS Mode UEFI

If I Could also get installation steps, that'll be great. I'm new to this whole BIOS modifications thing and I don't wanna ruin my new PC just to enable this f-ing Virtualization.

P.S : Yes, my CPU (Processor AMD A9-9410 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, 2900 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)) does support Virtualization. Even Securable tells me that YES, I can.

Already tried going to the "turn feature on and off" ad tried enabling Virtualization.

So I guess flashing a BIOS with the option is the last working way to do so.

Or is it ? If you know anything that could help me avoid flashing a custom BIOS just for Virtualization/AMD-V, and just enable it, that'll be great !
find
quote
#2
Hey did you end up finding a way to enable virtualization or unlock the bios. I have the same laptop and am also looking to enable this feature. Please get back to me. Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#3
(02-18-2017, 06:48 PM)Awesome13579 Wrote: Hey did you end up finding a way to enable virtualization or unlock the bios. I have the same laptop and am also looking to enable this feature. Please get back to me. Thanks in advance.
Give me the original BIOS
find
quote
#4
(02-19-2017, 05:07 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 06:48 PM)Awesome13579 Wrote: Hey did you end up finding a way to enable virtualization or unlock the bios. I have the same laptop and am also looking to enable this feature. Please get back to me. Thanks in advance.
Give me the original BIOS

OK
find
quote
#5
Hello, I want to flash my Acer Aspier E5-523's Bios it's a Insydeh2o rev5 (1.04)
I want to learn how to backup it for send you the backup
and then learn what setup toggle to true or false for enable Advanced Settings.

Thanks in advance. A nooby
find
quote
#6
Just looking for a BIOS Mod that will give access to the hidden advanced menu so that I can enable AMD-v/Virtualization.

First time attempting BIOS mod, so instructions would be great. Or just pointing me in the direction of instructions would be just as great.

BIOS is InsydeH20 V1.09, Rev 5.0 (Attached)

Link to Bios - https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles...1492706346


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#7
hey im having the same issue same cpu can you please help me thank in advance
find
quote
#8
hey,

My laptop is ACER E5-523 and I need AMD-V enabled for class. help Please!

my  vars file attached

The Bios I have is https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles...ER&SC=PA_6


Attached Files
.txt   vars.txt (Size: 107.75 KB / Downloads: 9)
find
quote
#9
[attachment=12955 Wrote:mclarke2355 pid='127706' dateline='1494170134']Hi,
the flashing of the modded BIOS might not work because the recovery checks the signature of the BIOS file.

However, you might be able to enable AMD-V using this method (needs to be adapted): http://www.geektech.co.nz/how-to-unlock-...enovo-y700
This method requires Windows as a system as the necessary tool is only available for Windows.

First, you will need the tool: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NHIBM...RtQXM/view
Extract the archive and go to the folder with the extracted files.
Then, you need to open an administrative command prompt in that folder (google it if you don't know how).
Execute the command from step 1 of the linked guide in that command prompt (H2OUVE.exe -gv vars.txt).
After that, you'll have the file "vars.txt" in that folder.
You need to upload this file, so that I can make the change.

For reference, here's the EFI-table with available settings for this notebook: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4NHIB...WI4LW14bE0
And here's the setting that needs to be changed:
0x1C40B             Setting: SVM support, Variable: 0xEE {05 91 54 02 55 02 54 00 34 12 EE 00 00 10 00 01 00}
0x1C41C                 Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 (default) {09 07 27 00 10 00 00}
0x1C423                 Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 28 00 00 00 01}

Hello Sir, may I ask you to modify my file. It would be for an Aspire E5-523

.txt   vars.txt (Size: 115.79 KB / Downloads: 16)
find
quote
#10
Me to,

please can someone help me Big Grin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)