Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 92
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101474
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 518
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2869
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7257
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6980
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14336
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 245
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425402
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3834
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 524
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 325
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 544
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227403
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119531
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6989
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 611
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310549
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62216

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-793G BIOS Unlock
#1
Hello,

I like to unlock the Bios of my Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-793G-738J. I Know you need a
Version of my actual Bios to work whit, but I'm not sure how to get it. It would be nice,
if you provide me whit some help. I already had a look on the Acer website, but it seems
there aren't any Bios updates available. This laptop model is brand new,
it was released a few weeks ago in Germany.

I hope it's possible to unlock it, because the settings in are very limited on the actual state.
After reading a few forum posts, I saw that it was possible whit the generation before mine.

Whit friendly greetings
Lemonn
find
quote
#2
(05-01-2017, 05:24 AM)Lemonn Wrote: Hello,

I like to unlock the Bios of my Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-793G-738J. I Know you need a
Version of my actual Bios to work whit, but I'm not sure how to get it. It would be nice,
if you provide me whit some help. I already had a look on the Acer website, but it seems
there aren't any Bios updates available. This laptop model is brand new,
it was released a few weeks ago in Germany.

I hope it's possible to unlock it, because the settings in are very limited on the actual state.
After reading a few forum posts, I saw that it was possible whit the generation before mine.

Whit friendly greetings
Lemonn
Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#3
(05-01-2017, 05:34 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 05:24 AM)Lemonn Wrote: Hello,

I like to unlock the Bios of my Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-793G-738J. I Know you need a
Version of my actual Bios to work whit, but I'm not sure how to get it. It would be nice,
if you provide me whit some help. I already had a look on the Acer website, but it seems
there aren't any Bios updates available. This laptop model is brand new,
it was released a few weeks ago in Germany.

I hope it's possible to unlock it, because the settings in are very limited on the actual state.
After reading a few forum posts, I saw that it was possible whit the generation before mine.

Whit friendly greetings
Lemonn
Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
Thank you for your really fast answer. That are really Bad News Sad  But whit that SOIC8 clip, I'm able to flash it without desoldering? Maybe I will give it a try in a couple weeks. How does This affect The warranty. Is it possible to flash it back to original, when I need to send it in for some reason?
find
quote
#4
The model is the Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-793G

Thanks in advance
find
quote
#5
Hi there
I have a Acer Aspire VN7-793G which has Insydeh20 version 1.11 and would please like to request on a mod or an unlock so I can access under boot tab uefi or legacy boot mode as it is not there and also to be able to switch from ahci to sata so hardives can be detected when pressing F12 for options.

If I have to flash a lower version am happy to do that if the unlock will work for it

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance
find
quote
#6
(02-24-2019, 11:36 PM)muzzy001 Wrote: Hi there
I have a Acer Aspire VN7-793G which has Insydeh20 version 1.11  and would please like to request on a mod or an unlock so I can access under boot tab uefi or legacy boot mode as it is not there and also to be able to switch from ahci to sata so hardives can be detected when pressing F12 for options.

If I have to flash a lower version am happy to do that if the unlock will work for it

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
you need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip
find
quote
#7
Can i go somewhere to get it done or can i do it myself with instructions by buying what i need and doing it. Is it hard to do?
find
quote
#8
Hello Dudu,

I have a Acer Aspire VN7-793G too, which has Insydeh20 version 1.11 and would please like to request on a mod.

Can you please help me?

Thanks
find
quote
#9
(05-21-2019, 04:11 PM)td316 Wrote: Hello Dudu,

I have a Acer Aspire VN7-793G too, which has Insydeh20 version 1.11 and would please like to request on a mod.

Can you please help me?

Thanks
Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
You need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#10
Hi I have a programmer with clip soic8, tl866ii plus. I have a VN7-593G, can I flash the VN7-793g bios? If it is compatible with my model, could you send me the bios file with the instructions? Could I know if the "CPU Performance Mode" option is one of the unlocked options? If I want to go back to the original bios, just make a backup first and restore it, or do I have to flash the file taken from the Acer folder that you download from the support site? Thanks in advance.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)