Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104590
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8480
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8161
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14340
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425525
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3837
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 527
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 666
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227444
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119624
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6993
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 614
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VX5-591G BIOS Unlock
#1
Hello I need some help with unlocking my BIOS.
I really need the advanced tab because there are settings in there that i want to use.
I hope someone can help me.
Alsow need some help with dumping the bios.

I have an acer aspire vx5-591g
D
find
quote
#2
(06-13-2017, 05:55 PM)banaantje56 Wrote: Hello I need some help with unlocking my BIOS.
I really need the advanced tab because there are settings in there that i want to use.
I hope someone can help me.
Alsow need some help with dumping the bios.

I have an acer aspire vx5-591g
D
Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#3
Sorry, I am a n00b to this. 

But Acer has firmware upgrades on their webpage.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su...t/7094?b=1

So I would assume it is possible to reflash?

How would I do the SOIC8 method ? I do have SPI interface. What chips to buy to have spares ? This is a nice price gaming laptop. My main purpose would be to see if I can get an option to turn HD630 on/off. Not sure if it is doable with optimus.
find
quote
#4
(08-13-2017, 03:31 PM)povlhp Wrote: Sorry, I am a n00b to this. 

But Acer has firmware upgrades on their webpage.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su...t/7094?b=1

So I would assume it is possible to reflash?

How would I do the SOIC8 method ? I do have SPI interface. What chips to buy to have spares ? This is a nice price gaming laptop. My main purpose would be to see if I can get an option to turn HD630 on/off. Not sure if it is doable with optimus.
Hi
nvidia optimus...you will get a brick
find
quote
#5
Since I can download BIOS updates, shouln't it be possible to update it ?

And the SOIC8 method is not beyond my skillset, I have used home-made clip-ons to upgrade firmware in small processors on ESCs or quads/planes.
find
quote
#6
My Acer Aspire VX5-591G (known as the VX15) sports an InsydeH2O Bios. How can I unlock the 'Advanced' menu as it is not shown. My bios version is 1.06.

Files necessary for modding are included. Zipped.


Please someone help unlock the advanced menu.

Cheershttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a76e6f7e272...06_A_A.zip

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
find
quote
#7
(02-04-2018, 05:57 AM)DarkFus10n Wrote: My Acer Aspire VX5-591G (known as the VX15) sports an InsydeH2O Bios. How can I unlock the 'Advanced' menu as it is not shown. My bios version is 1.06.

Files necessary for modding are included. Zipped.


Please someone help unlock the advanced menu.
Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#8
Model: VX5-591G
I'm using a hardware/SPI flasher. Here's a dump of my BIOS chip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qc3r6I..._5A6L0rU-i

Thank you very much, will donate upon successful mod.


Attached Files
.bin   v1.06.bin (Size: 6 MB / Downloads: 12)
find
quote
#9
I am just get into bios modding, got the acer vx15-591 with the insydeh20 rev.5 bios, could you recomend me any bios editor or some guide in which values to change in order to unlock it. I just did a bios dump via arduino (spi) and soic8, got the 8Mb .bin file, but since it got no coments or so, i am finding pretty hard to know what is what inside. Thanks.


Attached Files
.bin   bios.bin (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 11)
find
quote
#10
(08-16-2019, 04:38 AM)MartinBRM Wrote: I am just get into bios modding, got the acer vx15-591 with the insydeh20 rev.5 bios, could you recomend me any bios editor or some guide in which values to change in order to unlock it. I just did a bios dump via arduino (spi) and soic8, got the 8Mb .bin file, but since it got no coments or so, i am finding pretty hard to know what is what inside. Thanks.
Hi
Your mod completed. Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)