Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 76
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424336
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3600
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 262
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 293
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224265
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119155
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6774
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 388
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309652
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 607
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20262
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169232
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6317
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5778
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61174

[REQUEST] Asus ROG G771JW BIOS Unlock
#21
Hi Feluchi.

Can you confirm if you can mod the BIOS/VBIOS for the G771JW?

I am having the same problems as many others with the CPU/GPU throttling severely during gaming or stress testing. From looking at GPU-Z I can see that the 960m GPU starts out at around 1100Mhz and by the time it gets stable under full load it has throttled down to 600Mhz or less with spikes along the way down to 135Mhz!

I temporarily connected a large extraction fan to the exhaust vent on the laptop and got temps WELL down (under 70 C at full load) but it still throttles down to 600Mhz with the reason coming up as power limit instead of thermal limit in GPU-Z.

The laptop has a larger power supply (9.5A vs 6.32A original) and I plan to install a more permanent cooling system extraction fan to boost cooling performance.

So far I have seen several suggestions including undervolting the CPU, running throttlestop and BIOS modifications but can't quite wrap my head around if one or all of these things are required.

Any advise is much appreciated.
find
quote
#22
Hi Feluchi
same problem here with asus rog 771jw thermal throttling can i give it a try with the unlocked bios

Best regards
Simon
find
quote
#23
HI

Recently i bought ROG 771JW with 960M 4 GB and i found i got serious thermal throttling with it ( it looks both CPU anf GPU). Could anyone send mi unlocked bios? There are any good solutions to resolve these problem? I suppose if CPU temperature limit will be rised over 85 deg. it cause also higher overal temperatures inside and still there would be GPU thermal thottling?

Apprectiated any help here casue I cant play any game without loose power
find
quote
#24
Feluchi
I have the same problem with my G771JW, 4 gb 960M, can I please some information about bios modification or something ?
find
quote
#25
Hi, Feluchi. I have the same problem with an Asus G771JM, but with GeForce 860m 4GB. Can you please help me? I would really appreciate. Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#26
(07-12-2016, 12:16 PM)bandit9229 Wrote: dwinkle, just simply flash this BIOS with modded vbios (with gpu boost disabled):

Bios_mod

Also you need to do following:
- Go to bios ->Advanced-> CPU settings and:
- set TCC activation offset to 1 (like before)
- find and disable Intel Turbo Mode in CPU settings


Math3us,
you have the same laptop as dwinkle, so just pick one of the BIOS file I have attached and flash it using AfuWin.
Hi, I tried your Bios mod on my Asus ROG g771jw but my Nvidia 960M 2GB can't be recognize. I know is old thread , any got solution of this problem??
find
quote
#27
(07-13-2016, 12:20 PM)bandit9229 Wrote: I have 4 gb version of 960m. I tried to flash vbios from MSI laptop without temp. cap but Windows doesn't recognize my GPU at all.

4 gb version of 960m and your Nvidia 960M 2GB have different vbios, so just flash back your stock bios, and all will be ok.
find
quote
#28
(05-10-2019, 10:56 AM)feluchi Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 12:20 PM)bandit9229 Wrote: I have 4 gb version of 960m. I tried to flash vbios from MSI laptop without temp. cap but Windows doesn't recognize my GPU at all.

4 gb version of 960m and your Nvidia 960M 2GB have different vbios, so just flash back your stock bios, and all will be ok.
I know that. Flashed back my stock BIOS. I have G771JW with 960M gtx 2GB , same as  [b]dwinkle and [b][b]Math3us[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
find
quote
#29
Hi,
I'm totally new to bios moding. 
I have asus rog g771jw  and would like to install a eGPU to M.2 m-key slot.
Would the modified bios help me to ulock this possibility?
find
quote
#30
i have the same cpu throttling issues. I own a g771jw with the 960M 4gb one, i know that the thread is very old, but im using the laptop for work (as my very own and only) and im having big issues with 3d works. Any help will be really appreciated, i have the bios rom downloaded in case its needed.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)