Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108052
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425652
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227618
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119723
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310604
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62225

REQUEST_Bios bin file for hp dm4-3098ee
#1
   
Hi Everybody,

I had a problem in system bios that need to be reflashed again with an external programmer.
When I desoldered the chip (25q32bvsig) and flash the chip with a bin file downloaded from hp website (see figure attached) the laptop does not work.
I believe that the file is wrong the capacity of the chip is 4mb and the file capacity is 4.6mb.
My request is how to find the correct bin file for this bios chip. Is it possible for anybody having identical dump file to upload it to me?

Many thanks,
find
quote
#2
Please mate,
Read your old Eeprom Chip and upload the Dump fo It here !
Then I will get your DMI Data to rebuild your Firmware and upload here for You !
Let me know
Regards

P.S. Greetongs from Italy Wink

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
Smile 

.bin   bios_rev0.BIN (Size: 4 MB / Downloads: 15)
(11-26-2015, 05:11 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Please mate,
Read your old Eeprom Chip and upload the Dump fo It here !
Then I will get your DMI Data to rebuild your Firmware and upload here for You !
Let me know
Regards

P.S. Greetongs from Italy Wink

thank you mate Smile

please find attached the old file.
Thanks in advance
find
quote
#4
Here You go :

http://rghost.net/7YBKXgspv

Let me know
Regards

P.S. if all gone well now We can try to rewrite the Bios Mod all unlocked !!!

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
(11-26-2015, 05:54 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Here You go :

http://rghost.net/7YBKXgspv

Let me know
Regards

P.S. if all gone well now We can try to rewrite the Bios Mod all unlocked !!!

unfortunately it doesn't work Sad
I also succeed to extract from the hard disk the file HP_TOOLS where a bin file is saved for the bios
I flashed by this file the chip and doesn't function. What is the problem?


Attached Files
.bin   01793.bin (Size: 4.13 MB / Downloads: 6)
find
quote
#6
Hi mate,
The file into Eeprom Chip is a Firmware and the file flashed is a Bios Region
so only a chunk of firmware !
It's strange that my file rebuilded didn't work as I used your Firmware and allocated
over the Bios Region replacing your DMI Data !
Now I will prepare a Firmware Pure using the Bios Region without DMI Data jut to check It !
Here You go :

http://rghost.net/7DSbW575m

Let me know
Regards

Firmware file

Descriptor region offset: 0000h to Full size: 1000h (4096)
ME region offset: 1000h to Full size: 17F000h (1568768)
BIOS region offset: 180000h to Full size: 280000h (2621440)

The file Bios update 01793.bin is not Firmware but only Bios Region and the
chunk We need is hidden into full file !
So I extracted It and make modify but You said not working then can be ME or
Descriptor Regions wrong and this is a big issue as I haven't another one to use
for You !

into same file !!!

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#7
(11-27-2015, 04:55 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Hi mate,
The file into Eeprom Chip is a Firmware and the file flashed is a Bios Region
so only a chunk of firmware !
It's strange that my file rebuilded didn't work as I used your Firmware and allocated
over the Bios Region replacing your DMI Data !
Now I will prepare a Firmware Pure using the Bios Region without DMI Data jut to check It !
Here You go :

http://rghost.net/7DSbW575m

Let me know
Regards

Firmware file

Descriptor region offset: 0000h to Full size: 1000h (4096)
ME region offset: 1000h to Full size: 17F000h (1568768)
BIOS region offset: 180000h to Full size: 280000h (2621440)

The file Bios update 01793.bin is not Firmware but only Bios Region and the
chunk We need is hidden into full file !
So I extracted It and make modify but You said not working then can be ME or
Descriptor Regions wrong and this is a big issue as I haven't another one to use
for You !

into same file !!!

Hi again,

The file that I uploaded 01793.bin was on the hard disk located in HP_TOOLS which is 4.12mb,
I compare it with firmware read from the bios chip using HEX editor and have seen that an additional offset: 00000h to 02000h is found on 01793.bin
When I cut it and compare to the dump bios firmware, I obtain (4096Kb) file. Do you think in that way the bios backup is obtained?
Please advise,
Many thanks
find
quote
#8
(11-27-2015, 05:33 AM)paolo Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 04:55 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Hi mate,
The file into Eeprom Chip is a Firmware and the file flashed is a Bios Region
so only a chunk of firmware !
It's strange that my file rebuilded didn't work as I used your Firmware and allocated
over the Bios Region replacing your DMI Data !
Now I will prepare a Firmware Pure using the Bios Region without DMI Data jut to check It !
Here You go :

http://rghost.net/7DSbW575m

Let me know
Regards

Firmware file

Descriptor region offset: 0000h to Full size: 1000h (4096)
ME region offset: 1000h to Full size: 17F000h (1568768)
BIOS region offset: 180000h to Full size: 280000h (2621440)

The file Bios update 01793.bin is not Firmware but only Bios Region and the
chunk We need is hidden into full file !
So I extracted It and make modify but You said not working then can be ME or
Descriptor Regions wrong and this is a big issue as I haven't another one to use
for You !

into same file !!!

Hi again,

The file that I uploaded 01793.bin was on the hard disk located in HP_TOOLS which is 4.12mb,
I compare it with firmware read from the bios chip using HEX editor and have seen that an additional offset: 00000h to 02000h is found on 01793.bin
When I cut it and compare to the dump bios firmware, I obtain (4096Kb) file. Do you think in that way the bios backup is obtained?
Please advise,
Many thanks
I try what I said to you, I succeed to flash the bios Smile , Thank you mate for your advice.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)