Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107999
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8762
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227552
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119713
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310586
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

[REQUEST] Clevo P150SM Prema Bios Request
#1
Hello,

I have a Clevo P150SM laptop and am upgrading the GPU from a 980m to a 1060. Unfortunately, the 980m is no longer functional, and the laptop does not currently recognize the 1060 (I am working to install the drivers). Upon booting up, the laptop runs the fans at full speed, beeps intermittently, and eventually shuts down. The shutdown happens way too quickly for me to make any meaningful progress in installing the drivers.

My understanding is that modded bios can allow me to bypass the requirement for a working dGPU and will allow me to get drivers set up without worrying about my laptop shutting down. 

Does anyone have a copy of Prema bios for the P150SM or know of an alternative solution to bypass the requirement for a dGPU? I will tip for help!
find
quote
#2
I have an update on this. I was able to get the drivers installed for the GPU, and Windows recognized it. I am getting temps, clock speed, etc. and can use it functionally. However, since the BIOS still does not recognize it (GPU status "Unknown"), occasionally, the fans will ramp up to full speed, the laptop will beep a few times, and after a minute, the laptop shuts off.

I have pulled a copy of my BIOS from the laptop and have it open in AMIBCP. At this point, my only goal is to get the MB to recognize the 1060 so I can use the laptop as normal. Would anyone be able to help me make the necessary adjustments to my BIOS?
find
quote
#3
Hello All,

I have upgraded my Sager NP8268 (Clevo P150SM-A) with a GTX 1060. Unfortunately, through a lot of learning and mistakes, I have learned that none of the BIOS versions from Sager or the currently existing Prema mods are based on a new enough version to support it (or Windows 10 for that matter). Eurocom offers a version 01.05.01 bios for this laptop. Unfortunately, the cost is $89 or $120 unlocked. I can unlock it myself, but I would prefer not to purchase the firmware if it is somewhere online.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has this version and the associated EC firmware and would be willing to share it. If it is not unlocked I will even offer to unlock it and send you back the unlocked version.
find
quote
#4
Hey wussification,
I just came across your thread and wanted to share my experience, as I'm in a very similar situation. I also have a Clevo P150SM and recently upgraded from a GTX 970M to a GTX 1070M.
It's interesting to see that you're running into the BIOS recognition issue causing shutdowns. That's the classic final hurdle for this upgrade. Surprisingly, I managed to get my system stable without a special BIOS flash so far.
I followed a very simple method I found in a video guide. Here are the steps that worked for me:
  • First, you have to decompress the driver file.
  • Then, look for the file named
    Code:
    nvdispi.inf
    .
  • After that, select that file in the driver installer.
  • Finally, choose the "1660 t max cube" driver to install the latest version on the graphics card.
As an alternative, this guide also explains a method:
How to Modify NVIDIA Notebook Driver .INF Files
Code:
https://null-src.com/posts/nvidia-notebook-driver-inf-mod/

I know you're already past the driver installation stage and are now focused on the BIOS, which is likely the final solution for perfect stability. But I wanted to share what I did just in case.
find
quote
#5
(07-02-2025, 03:32 AM)DsErick Wrote: Hey wussification,
I just came across your thread and wanted to share my experience, as I'm in a very similar situation. I also have a Clevo P150SM and recently upgraded from a GTX 970M to a GTX 1070M.
It's interesting to see that you're running into the BIOS recognition issue causing shutdowns. That's the classic final hurdle for this upgrade. Surprisingly, I managed to get my system stable without a special BIOS flash so far.
I followed a very simple method I found in a video guide. Here are the steps that worked for me:
  • First, you have to decompress the driver file.
  • Then, look for the file named
    Code:
    nvdispi.inf
    .
  • After that, select that file in the driver installer.
  • Finally, choose the "1660 t max cube" driver to install the latest version on the graphics card.
As an alternative, this guide also explains a method:
How to Modify NVIDIA Notebook Driver .INF Files
Code:
https://null-src.com/posts/nvidia-notebook-driver-inf-mod/

I know you're already past the driver installation stage and are now focused on the BIOS, which is likely the final solution for perfect stability. But I wanted to share what I did just in case.
I appreciate your reply! Unfortunately, I ended up scrapping the laptop and getting a new one. My understanding was I had a 1C20 version of the card, when my laptop needed the 1C60. My search led me to VBIOS flashes, a custom bios from Eurocom, and direct flashing the EEPROM on the card. It started to become more than it was worth, so I just moved on.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)